Barbara Walters passed

-
May she rest in peace. She was good at what she did. A looker when she was young too. Probably had more pecker than a Las Vegas hooker.

One of the first nationally respected female TV journalists.

and her best work had to be the number 1 tv hit the view, i'm sure your all fan's

RIP Barbara
Every time i hear that name., it makes me think of Glida doing the Baba Was a skit. Allways has.
Go
to YouTube and look up Baba Wawa SNL. Classic

I've always found it interesting that the two absolute biggest names in media in the past 50 years both has serious speech impediments. Barbara Walters (RIP) and Tom Brokaw. I think it's a testament to doing what you want to do no matter the challenges. Regardless of what you think of either, you have to have respect for that.

Yes Barbara really cleaned up and became very well spoken and respected.
She was determined and put in the time and work.

Yes Barbara really cleaned up and became very well spoken and respected.
She was determined and put in the time and work.
No question about it. I always liked Jane Pauly too. She's still a hottie. She also has a speech impediment.

We had a local weather girl that had trouble with certain sounds.
She did a great job working around it.
You could tell by watching her mouth that she didn't use the same movements and shapes as most of us for some common pronunciations.

Very interesting and a testament to what work and dedication can do.

For the most part she was ok till I became a 20/20 truck driver and didnt do any of the stuff she including me in

Last edited:
We had a local weather girl that had trouble with certain sounds.
She did a great job working around it.
You could tell by watching her mouth that she didn't use the same movements and shapes as most of us for some common pronunciations.

Very interesting and a testament to what work and dedication can do.
Yet another very successful yet failed new personality with a speech impediment was Jessica Savitch. She was gorgeous in her heyday. Sad story. Drugs and alcohol got the best of her. Although in the end she was turning things around, she died tragically along with her then boyfriend in a car crash. She was perhaps the worst of the three with the speech impediment, yet, somehow she made it work.

The more”journalists” that come along the more I appreciate newsmen like Huntley and Brinkley.

-
Back