Barn Finds

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I don't have one yet to purchase, but was hoping to see some pics of your guys' barn finds. Also could be someone's back yard, out in a field, etc. Before and after pics, or pics from when bought and now the restoration pics, anything goes. I have been seeing quite a few around my home lately and would like to see what you guys have found. Thanks.

1968 dodge charger r/t been in the barn
since 1988

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

1a.jpg75 duster custom with the A63 packege this car is loaded found it in junk yard in st.louis mo

5a.jpg

120.jpg

parts 005.jpg

1a.jpg

5a.jpg

120.jpg

parts 005.jpg

My 65 chrysler was in a barn when i went to see her,still had origanal paint,motor tranny,interior and very little wrong with it,but some very good tuning and TLC,mrmopartech

DSCF0054.jpg

this 73 340 Duster was in the garage since 1992...or at least that is went the plates expired..

100_0959a.jpg

100_0956a.jpg

100_0955a.jpg

100_0960a.jpg

Here,s some stages my 66 Dart has gone through since it,s trip from Alabama to Toronto.From 6 cyl. to 360 to 410c.i in 1 1/2 yrs
DSC_0435.jpg
trim 013.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 181.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

trim 013.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 181.jpg

Despite this being a mopar site, maybe you will all cut me some slack on this *field* find.(close enough right?)

A few years ago my friend was looking for his first pre-70 car. Well he found a 1952 ford coupe sitting in a farmers field right down the road from our college. From the weeds it looked like a decent find.
classiccar.jpg

It turned out to be an old drag car. As you can tell it sits high up with a typical gaser stance and under the hood there is a corvette 454. The car ran after maybe 30-40 bucks and a few hours of work. Sadly, instead of restoring it to its former glory, he sold it to some guy and that person turned it into some sort of lowrider/cruiser :(

This was a backyard find from about 1990. I wanted to stop at Magnifico's Ice Cream but made a wrong turn. I saw it in a back yard under a tarp in East Brunswick, NJ. It was a 54k mile genuine V-code super track pack (440+6 4-speed, 4.10 Dana) and the owner was happy to sell it. I later sold it to a collector in Bergen County who had it restored in the Mid-West. I lost the guy's contact info but if anyone Knows this car, please let me know because I would like to reconnect with the owner.

hpqscan0003.jpg

hpqscan0010.jpg

The Picture you see in my avatar was my Barn Find. I am having trouble uploading the pic of it then. It was in outstanding shape with no rust, /6 auto, AC, 1/4" OF DUST ON IT, YEAH! For $350! I sold the /6 and trans for $150. I rebuilt it from the ground up with 440 Super Commando, A 727, and parts from a 340 Duster and more. Fresh Paint on an already good body. It was a Texas car. Bought it in 1981.

this is my barn find, stripped and gutted in 1970 to make a race car...owner never finished or raced it. 3701 miles 340 4 speed cuda. was in 1000 pieces when i bought it as a stripped shell sitting in a barn. this is the pics 6 month into resto when doors, fenders, hood, engine, suspension was already in.

paid a whole 200 dollars in 2005 with all the parts and nos parts that come with it.

semi before
Picture034.jpg

after
cuda2.jpg

burnouts119.jpg

yepp 200 bucks... he told me a 100 but i gave him 200 lol

that included

5 brand new fluidampr race balancers small and big block
2 nos radiators
big block k frame/ hemi k frame
nos front header panel
nos lower valance panel
nos full grill (all the piece outer/ bezels/ plastic.
8 340 aluminum connecting rods
hemi scoop
fuel cell
race seats
and bunch of little stuff was all piled under house hold garbage that they dumped in the car for years.

car had full 2x3 sub frames, cage done, aluminum sheet metal floor, mini tubbed, 4 piston brakes, 8/3/4. frame rails were still shinny paint. no rust anywhere ever

I don't have any photos of the 75 Dart Sport that was given to my best friend and I after we met some guy at a junk yard that said he had a car in his yard that we could have. 318, AT, AC, PS, PB, tan w/ tan interior; all it needed was a timing chain. I paid my best friend for his half of the car, sold the 318 and 904, sold the rearend, dropped in a 69 318 w/ 360 J heads, 4-speed, and B-body 8 3/4 w/3.91 powerlock posi. DA'd the car down to prep it for body work and paint, but then sold it.

My barn find was a 71 Duster. It had 68 Big Block K-frame, A-body 8 3/4 w/ 3.91 sure-grip and Stange Engineering BBP axles, Big Block Torsion Bars, 6-pt cage, and sub-frame connectors. I got it for $400, that included all the stickers, :smile:. Here is a picture of it after my best friend helped me shove my 440 and 4-speed in it.

Duster 2.jpg

yepp 200 bucks... he told me a 100 but i gave him 200 lol

that included

5 brand new fluidampr race balancers small and big block
2 nos radiators
big block k frame/ hemi k frame
nos front header panel
nos lower valance panel
nos full grill (all the piece outer/ bezels/ plastic.
8 340 aluminum connecting rods
hemi scoop
fuel cell
race seats
and bunch of little stuff was all piled under house hold garbage that they dumped in the car for years.

car had full 2x3 sub frames, cage done, aluminum sheet metal floor, mini tubbed, 4 piston brakes, 8/3/4. frame rails were still shinny paint. no rust anywhere ever

Did you hit the lottery and have a victoria secret model ask you out on a date that week too?
Holy crap, you know you have luck like my buddy does as he gets deals like this all the time.

no lottery, no models... haha

old guy just wanted to see it back to being nice, there was story of cuda in barn. my friends little step brothers comes in and said grandpa pushed out an old car out of the barn to sell along with having a yard sale.

few week prior to this find i had found a 340 duster original owner paint etc for 1000 bucks. check it out in member restoration area for story.

they are out there, keep after them because if you dont someone esle will get them

my dad was after a 440 6 pack challenger few years back (383 in it then) guy said 2500 with motor or 1800 with out. my dad said ill give you 2000 tomorrow and ill bring your motor back.. sold... dads friend went that day and bought the challenger running along with 68 formula s 340 4 speed factory running all together but rotted guy had for 1500 for both,

years later now i bought that formula s for 1700 for all the parts to fix mine. so me made 200 plus a real 440 6 pack dana car. dammm

Heres a few that we found stashed away.
The purple Challenger vert was an awsome find with a lot of back history from my local area.My son was the first person to sit in that seat in over 26 years,Think he looks happy?One of my favorite pics.

2275993627_6f138500dd.jpg

littleclownskp4.jpg

-
Back