Barracuda bench seat

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
Been thinking lately that I would like to have a bench out of a 67-69 Barracuda that has an arm rest in the middle. Just wondering how rare these are?

Been thinking lately that I would like to have a bench out of a 67-69 Barracuda that has an arm rest in the middle. Just wondering how rare these are?

i have a couple of those...but shipping might be an issue

it will disassemble and the backs will ship like buckets ....but the bottom piece is kinda big.

How much different is the bench part as compared to the bench that is in my Dart now?

They are a little hard to find, to say the least. I was looking for one for a decade. They were all back east, and shipping would have been a deal killer (well, Wildcat had one, rusted and shredded, for $425 -- no thanks). Finally stumbled upon one locally that had just been restored. Had to pay almost a grand for it. But that was still better than paying $350 plus $300 shipping, and then having to de-rust it and reupholster it. Realistically, you need to find one local to you that you can PU.

I'm sure the bench is different, just because it has the armrest hinge points, if nothing else.

i have three of them and this one is by far the best one .....it was in a 68 cuda notch but after i lugged to the shop and took a good look ....i think its a 67 seat......the main difference between 67 and 8 is the hardware to let the seat back go foward....67 didnt have any hardware at all and the seat back is free to move foward to load the back seat ....68 and 9 had a latch at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20130416_164022.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20130416_164015.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20130416_163637.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20130416_163625.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 113
its actually more comfy than it looks ......i layed across the seat and almost took a nap ....when i got up my clothes didnt even get dirty ....nothing transfered to my clothes ......this seat is actually cooler than i remember ...i cant believe i have had it there so long and never really noticed its coolness :prayer:

Attachments

• seat 67.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 125
I've got one in my 67 Barracuda and almost swapped it for bucket seats. I find I really like it though cause it has the drop down arm rest in the middle and I can put my arm around the wife while cruisin'. How cool is that?

-
Back