Barracuda quarter glass

-

jimmy1

65 barracuda
Reaction score
Hello , can anyone give me some pointers on replacing the rear quarter windows in a 65 Barracuda.

Thanks

I haven't done this since the 1970's but as I recall it was really easy to do. Pulled the rear arm rest & window crank, door panel(?) & then I think I had to unbolt the regulator but it was pretty simple. I pulled one out in a salvage yard car in 15 minutes with a severe hangover one Saturday morning because they were about to close. Almost forgot, I think you might have to pull the aluminum trim piece along he carpet at the bottom of the panel as wall as MAYBE the strap that holds the rear seat back down when it's folded.

As I think back, it might not have been necessary to remove the regulator. I might have just been able to unfasten the glass from the regulator & pull it out. It's just been so long ago.....

Hello , can anyone give me some pointers on replacing the rear quarter windows in a 65 Barracuda.

Thanks
Sure, don't break it! :) Actually, it's not difficult. Just take your time and don't try to force anything.

You can access the mounting bolts through holes in the inner body wall. You might have to run the window up/down to get access to the bolts.

I last did that in about 1992. I was a sophomore in high school...replaced the window on my own. As I recall, you take out the rear seat back strap (two phillips screws), the aluminum trim (several screws), crank handle, and the trim panel.

-
Back