Barracuda road trip 09

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
From MN to the Grand Canyon and back. Had to replace a rocker arm in NE, a valve cover gasket in Utah, and tear down and clean out my carb in WY. I stayed off as many interstate highways as I could and took the scenic routes. Had quite a few people tell me they couldn't believe I drove that car so far. Many compliments on it too. The pics do not do justice to being there. Here's a few of the many, many I took. It was a awesome experience.

Ready to go.
100_0003.jpg

Colorado
100_0021.jpg

Tunnel in CO
100_0027.jpg

Where I fixed the rockers in NE
100_0008.jpg

The Grand Canyon. There is no possible way you can see how massive and amazing this is in a picture. Mind blowing to see in person!
100_0221.jpg

100_0222.jpg

100_0323.jpg

Cooking dinner at a camp site in Utah
100_0328.jpg

The meat-head behind the wheel. ( I need a hair cut)
100_0389.jpg

I have many more pics, but its taking long enough to download these. I still need to go wash the 20 pounds of grass hoppers out of my radiator. later

Great pics. Keep them coming ...we know you have more. The ravioli shot is classic. Who the hell needs to carry along a Coleman or even a Bunsen burner when you have a hot Mopar exhaust manifold around? ;)

Awesome!! I can't wait to get my car done and plan my own roadtrip. Love the pics, ready to see some more!

Cool pics nothing like a road trip in an old Mopar.
I've taken 2 trips to OK, 1000 miles rt) in my Dart and loved every minute of it.
Dang just when I thought I wanted a 64 Valiant the cudas start looking real good.

That is awesome. I don't think I can trust my Demon to even make it an hour away, let alone states away :cry:

very cool. would love to do that in my dart one day. think it would be a blast on the way out there but man the ride home would suck..lol

Awesome !
Been a few years since I took a long road trip .This thread could inspire Me though .Thanks for posting those great pics !

Wow, that was the trip of a lifetime. Beautiful scenery. Seeing your photos it's like seeing my car in all those places. Makes me want to do a road trip, and sleep in the back. I bet my car would make it too. Maybe not try to go quite as far as you went though...

very cool. would love to do that in my dart one day. think it would be a blast on the way out there but man the ride home would suck..lol

The only part that sucked was SD and NE.
I didn't take any of the same roads home that I took there. So at least there wasn't any repeat scenery.
I just spent about 2 hours cleaning my car. She was dirty! Now to change the oil, and the trans maybe tomorrow.

That is awesome. I don't think I can trust my Demon to even make it an hour away, let alone states away :cry:

Well, start fixin! It also helps to be able to diagnose and fix your own car on the road. If I couldn't, it may not have gone so smoothly.

Magificent pictures, man! I am going to steal them to use on my desktop. Beautiful.

I guess the camping on the rear deck begs the question, "Does the bear **** in the woods?"

Babyblue66, I would like to know what size wheels and tires you are using, they look good.

More people need to do this kind of thing in this country. I think we forget how beautiful it is out there and how cool it is just to drive around in an old American car and see the sights.

Hope to be able to take the family and drive around the country one summer.

Nice job! Cool 'Cuda too.

Great pics!
You are right, there is no way pictures do this beautiful country
justice. Movies don't work either. You have to be there!

I'm geeting ready for a road trip out to Arizona from
Indiana. Barracuda isn't done so I will drive one of my Daytona
Shelby Z's

Did this trip 3 years ago in the BMW Z3. Will be more fun this time
in the Mopar. Will be cruising on Route 66 some of the time.

Once again, thanks for the great pictures. Bet you really enjoyed
driving the Barracuda.

Tony

Dude,

you rock! what a great trip... love the car, the wheel/tire selection ...looks great. Hope you brought a chick with you ... lookin out that window up at the sky ...sweet!

Thanks for the great pics. My 65 Cuda was the same color from the factory so the pics look a little better to me. ;)

thanks for the inspiration I've been sitting here trying to decide if I'm going to the Mansion or not { I swore for three years I would only go if I can drive the Cuda } and with this probably being the last chance year I gotta try so L.A look-out I'm coming next month this is just the thread I needed to see :cheers:

-
Back