Barrent / Jackson Las Vegas

-

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Who all been checking out BJ Vegas??? What you all think about the prices on the first day??? I'm taking a poll - love to hear your comments. Dan

LVD Captial Area Show 009.jpg

I think too many people have too much money!As i watch the 71 Plum Crazy
Challenger go through for 50,000 grand with a terrible paint job(if it looks that bad on television whats it look like in person)I dont think alot of these guys know what to look for other then the car they want with a disposable
income.They think there buying it at Barrett-Jackson so there getting a great car,but ending up with something thrown together to gain a quick buck.There
not all that way but check the quality of some of these cars.Terrible.

I had a friend out there a few years ago,he checked out an auction down the road with way better quality cars,just not the publicity of the Barrett-Jackson auctions.Well,they got me i guess,im watching.

I went last year, had a blast, I don't car much for the whole auction process, just enjoyed looking at all the cars out back before they went through. Plus there's a crap load inside, basically a great car show :cheers: I found the prices to be generally quite low compared to previous BJ auctions. Some very good deals, some not so good ones too. Depends on what floats your boat, that 4 door 63 Galaxie cop car for the Maybery show went for 110K yesterday, that's a 5K car with an extra 105K for the prominance. I just plain don't get that:munky2:

GTX was a good deal 25K? 71 Roadrunner (green) under 30K..........some pretty good deals I thought.

From what I saw in Phoenix last January what seems like an ok deal isn't after you add in the buyers fees, bidders fees, travel, etc. I went to 3 auctions that week and BJ was the most entertaining and well done. The others are just plain auctions which is fine too.

Okay guys & dolls " It's Show Time" post your coments after you do your fantasy bid * Been loving the feedbacks so far - Dan

The prices of the cars came way down.Why are the parts still way up. Mark

Prices are down. I will probably attend one of the BJ auctions or Meccum.

I have more than 30k in my Dart and that is without restoring it. You could buy a pretty nice car for under that at the auction it seems.

)I dont think alot of these guys know what to look for other then the car they want with a disposable
income.They think there buying it at Barrett-Jackson so there getting a great car,but ending up with something thrown together to gain a quick buck.There
not all that way but check the quality of some of these cars.Terrible.

There was a Rolls Royce that the announcer said just that. When you buy a car like this you want to make sure you have the service records because if they are not done, or done incorrectly you are buying a car that looks really nice...in your driveway.

I also like how there was a nova that came in and they said that this car isn't that desirable. I bet 3/4 of the sale price is for the engine, the other 1/4 is for the workmanship. Nova's not that desirable? Have they looked on CL? I just like looking at the cars, the prices are either really expensive, or they show them as an after thought, or a "Best value at B.J."

I think some of the speed shows are funny...You have that show with Stacey David, and he said "a lot of you have emailed me about the tools and what it takes to make a new engine. So we have this knucklebuster project that you can do at home cheaply." Then he proceeds to say "that instead of rebuilding this tired old 350, we ordered a crate engine that a lot of folks like to do." That isn't really something you can do at home cheaply. Why not clean up and rebuild the old engine unless it is completely dead. lol Maybe I am just naive, but it seems cheaper to rebuild than to you buy new...

There was a Rolls Royce that the announcer said just that. When you buy a car like this you want to make sure you have the service records because if they are not done, or done incorrectly you are buying a car that looks really nice...in your driveway.

I also like how there was a nova that came in and they said that this car isn't that desirable. I bet 3/4 of the sale price is for the engine, the other 1/4 is for the workmanship. Nova's not that desirable? Have they looked on CL? I just like looking at the cars, the prices are either really expensive, or they show them as an after thought, or a "Best value at B.J."

I think some of the speed shows are funny...You have that show with Stacey David, and he said "a lot of you have emailed me about the tools and what it takes to make a new engine. So we have this knucklebuster project that you can do at home cheaply." Then he proceeds to say "that instead of rebuilding this tired old 350, we ordered a crate engine that a lot of folks like to do." That isn't really something you can do at home cheaply. Why not clean up and rebuild the old engine unless it is completely dead. lol Maybe I am just naive, but it seems cheaper to rebuild than to you buy new...

I like watching Stacy David, although he is a little cheesy. What he doesn't include in something like the knucklebuster, or any project, is that he gets free parts. He also has every tool at his disposial. Not many people have a English wheel or paint booth in their garage. He is a Mopar guy though, so I'll quit talking bad about him.

I like watching Stacy David, although he is a little cheesy. What he doesn't include in something like the knucklebuster, or any project, is that he gets free parts. He also has every tool at his disposial. Not many people have a English wheel or paint booth in their garage. He is a Mopar guy though, so I'll quit talking bad about him.

I like watching him too, don't get me wrong. I just thought it was funny that he said that. But I have seen all the stuff of his that Fios has on demand, and used to watch every Saturday morning when I was unemployed.

Of the car shows on anymore his is the best. At least he will get dirty. How many times have you seen somebody bolt on a catback system and a K&N intake? "We are going to use Royal Purple to gain 20000 extra HP in this Camaro"

I like 2 guys garage, but I have only ever watched it a couple times on demand...also, I hate the reality aspect that a lot of shows are doing now. Where they stop to talk to how the guys feel about their boss and how they are being treated. If I wanted to watch that kind of junk, I would watch RTV, I mean MTV or RH1, rather VH1. If I watch a show called motor-heads or chop cut rebuild, that is what I expect to see, not these men acting like women

the gtx at 25,000 i thought was pretty low, considering how odd the option package was. But is the big uproar over on how b/j has treated some of the sellers?

I got to take a rip in a '70 Hemi 'cuda that was sold at B-J for 138,000. It had cheap quarter skins welded on and the carbs were full of sand. after a weeks worth of work, it went like crazy, but at 138,000...I could have done it better, cheaper.

BJ says their breaking out the big guns today * Cream of the crop.

the gtx at 25,000 i thought was pretty low, considering how odd the option package was. But is the big uproar over on how b/j has treated some of the sellers?

What was so odd about the options? The teal one was a 68 GTX not 69. From the pictures and reports from people who saw that car in person, the paint hue was off for 68 and it was a very "driver" restoration with a shiney paint job.

The 72 Cuda 340 4spd has a blacked out section on the bottom and the underneath was totally blasted in undercoating.

Did you guys see the price on those darn Mustangs??? Unbelieveable !!
Heck - I have a 70 B2 in Red that's darn near as nice & I'm only asking 55k * Sh...t

So who was the hot blonde in the front row buying cars. She bought the Iacocca Mustang, 300K Camaro, big fifties Fury with a crossram Magnante was all over as well as a nice 440 cuda etc, etc ,etc she dropped like a million bucks . Reminded me of a female Ron Pratt . I'm in love.

So who was the hot blonde in the front row buying cars. She bought the Iacocca Mustang, 300K Camaro, big fifties Fury with a crossram Magnante was all over as well as a nice 440 cuda etc, etc ,etc she dropped like a million bucks . Reminded me of a female Ron Pratt . I'm in love.

So no body knows? just curious

Okay guys & dolls " It's Show Time" post your coments after you do your fantasy bid * Been loving the feedbacks so far - Dan

My fantasy? I wish they'd quit showing those televised car auctions altogether. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cars. But what I hate is the fact it makes ol' Farmer Joe think that 4-door '70 Nova with the three-on-the-tree (and tree growing through the floorboards) out there rotting in his field is worth the same as that Yenko he saw go for $75K.

It's killing the hobby.

-
Back