Barret Jackson A**hats

-

seabee

Reaction score
Well once again while getting gas I got the critique and "Professional Advice" of some sh** for brains about my car. While pumping this old timer dressed like Robert Goulet shuffles over and circled my car then rambled off all the things wrong with it. Then he tells me "these years of Barracudas are a bad investment". I old it's just a daily driver and he scoffed. After a long minute of ignoring him he shuffled back to his Toyota Solaris. I said "Nice Toyota" as he pulled past and he stopped and spouted "Son, I've had more classic cars....blah blah blah..blah blah blah.."

2013 Barret Jackson has begun.

goulet-ram.jpg

He sounded like he was trying to piss you off and it didn't and now he was pissed off then.

I have a solution for these types. I just get about as God Dammed intimidating as I can get these days and look em in the face and say like this:

"I didn't buy this to please YOU, I bought it to have some fun before I get too old. However, If you'd like to get out your checkbook and DONATE to the project, I'll be happy to correct some of the flaws you find so irritating."

A boss I had used to razz me when I'd drive my 68 cuda to work. (far from a show car but a fun driver and I don't care what anyone else thinks) One time he said "I see you drove the Valiant to work" as if that was an insult. So I said, "In the first place a Valiant was a superior car in it's day and I'd love to have one. Secondly, my "Valiant" goes up in value every day while your Camry and Altima lose money every day."

He never said another another bad thing about it after that.

I think many of these types watch too much TV and think everything old needs to be a fully restored museum piece worth 6 figures. It's even spilling over to used tools. What used to be "box of old tools" for a few bucks is now "Vintage Tools" for more than were originally bought for.

A boss I had used to razz me when I'd drive my 68 cuda to work. (far from a show car but a fun driver and I don't care what anyone else thinks) One time he said "I see you drove the Valiant to work" as if that was an insult. So I said, "In the first place a Valiant was a superior car in it's day and I'd love to have one. Secondly, my "Valiant" goes up in value every day while your Camry and Altima lose money every day."

He never said another another bad thing about it after that.

I've had the "Valiant" insult? a few times as well.

I think many of these types watch too much TV and think everything old needs to be a fully restored museum piece worth 6 figures. It's even spilling over to used tools. What used to be "box of old tools" for a few bucks is now "Vintage Tools" for more than were originally bought for.

Bingo...what an a**clown. This stuff is pretty sickening.

Your car looks fantastic, by the way, great year of a great name plate. The stripes rock too...not that you need someone else to tell you that. ;)

As KosmicKuda stated, his Toyota is a much worse investment as a daily driver. But his Toyota is generally more comfortable if comfort is what you are looking for in a slow slide to the grave.

But the majority of the people I run across ask me why I would want to drive around such an old car when I could buy a much newer one for not much money. When I tell them how much the car is worth, they look at me like I am completely wacko. Of course the next person I run across is begging me to sell it to them or trade it for their astro van. Yeah right!

Dang It! I really like my 63 Valiant! Oh yeah that's right it was the base for the Barracuda! Although I do miss my 68 Notchback. :banghead:

Dang It! I really like my 63 Valiant! Oh yeah that's right it was the base for the Barracuda! Although I do miss my 68 Notchback. :banghead:

Oh boy...that Valiant is a bad investment. Other people who watch Barrett Jackson might not approve. You should just hand the keys over to me....I will gladly save you from the embarrasment! ;)

I've got a coworker that when ever I drive my dart has asked people behind my back "Why would someone want a car that you work on all the time?"It doesen't bother me though cuz I know that it's a hobby and it something I enjoy doing.Then there are the ones like you guys are talking about the no it all professional car judges.EEHH... who needs um?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJR6eIo1aXk"]*** clown - YouTube[/ame]

I've found that acting like you don't speak or understand English is great and fun way to get rid of douchebagarinos like this @$$wipe. :finga::finga::finga:

I have a solution for these types. I just get about as God Dammed intimidating as I can get these days and look em in the face and say like this:

"I didn't buy this to please YOU, I bought it to have some fun before I get too old. However, If you'd like to get out your checkbook and DONATE to the project, I'll be happy to correct some of the flaws you find so irritating."

Well said! I get people quite often telling me what to fix and I let them know it's a daily driver, not a show car, but I gladly accept donations.

Bingo...what an a**clown. This stuff is pretty sickening.

Your car looks fantastic, by the way, great year of a great name plate. The stripes rock too...not that you need someone else to tell you that. ;)

*** KLOWN INDEED!!

heh, it's funny, the valiant thing too, most people come up to my car which doesn't have any badges on it... and they always ask me what it is, usually guessing that it's a barracuda........even when they guess right, it's still in a question form......."is that a valiant??" you should see the puzzling look on there faces when i reply with "its a signet". lol.....
higgs

When I went to look at my car (73 swinger) the owner said that another guy had come to look at it and nit picked the entire car like it was some really rare muscle car. It had a slant six in it by the way. I guess the guy was going to restore it and just kept trying to talk the price down. I showed up and made it clear that I wanted to hot rod it and the owner got excited and decided to sell it to me instead. I run into the other person who was trying to buy it and used to get looks of disgust from him when I would pull in with the headers open. Some people just take this hobby a little to seriously I guess.

My Dart isnt quite up to daily road dutys yet, but in my '80 Truck ive only gotten compliments..even though the paint is faded, and the quarters on the bed are pretty well rusted out....and hell its a truck

"Man this looks like one of them Prospectors (its not) what ever you payed for this buddy you got a good deal"

Even had lady folk tell me they really like it, and im sitting there slack jawed asking how?

Sorry, don't mean insult to me but the way they say it.

64' Mustang Owner: "Pffff nice Valiant"
64' Barracuda Owner: "Thanks! I really like you Falcon as well"

-
Back