Barret Jackson A**hats

-
No Insult taken! Just funny how many people will say something about the lowly Valiant, then get their butts handed to them on a Mopar platter full of whoop ***! I look at them and say "How many mpg do you get? Oh, I am getting that in my 63 Valiant and I only paid $800 for it, how much did yours cost you?"

Lol my 67 signet had a 360 with 624HP on the dyno walked all over a 2002 vet when we pulled over and I showed him the motor he just kept looking back and forth at the cars like he was confused lol I shut the hood and told him that's what you get for driving a Chevy he SLAMMED his hood and left poor guy wasn't liking getting stomped buy my little old valiant lmfao

Sounds like that guy secretly wants your car because he USED to have a classic.
You should have asked him "where's yours"

Just had a guy come into the shop noticed my car and started talking about the deals on BJ's cars. Told me my $200 beater '70 Dart swinger was not worth restoring. I told him it was a /6 auto car and I was just building it for fun. He said I did not know anything "that's a V8" sure he was right. I said again it is a /6 auto car didn't you notice the shifter and clutch pedal too?

Lol. Have had more than one person tell me "Those originally came with Hemis back in the day".

Just a typical douche,knows nothing about REAL cars.Maybe a touch of jealousy involved,as well.

I think many of these types watch too much TV and think everything old needs to be a fully restored museum piece worth 6 figures. It's even spilling over to used tools. What used to be "box of old tools" for a few bucks is now "Vintage Tools" for more than were originally bought for.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!

Hope I don't turn into a *** clown when I get older. The ricers can do that to ya. lol

I like your car!
Always some people like that, They were brought up wrong.
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
If you do not like the channel, Change it.
If you do not like my car, Don't look at it. (let alone walk around it).
I would take a deep breath and forget about it, like I say there
will always be some people like that.

Darryl

$140,000 for a custom Gen 1 Camaro but a original AAR only goes for $70,000.
Saving the good ones for us I guess. lol

The way I see it, If they want to BS about rides they should go to a car lot or cruise-in, or somewhere. The store parking lot isn't a social hall. It is a good place to get ran over. Even to those who say "Hey man nice car" or anything else, I say just enough to get myself out, "It got me here" in the most un-engaging manner and tone as I can.

Funny,
I drove my old 78 power wagon to work today, had to order some steel from the local machine shop. The truck only has 79K original miles on it.
A co-worker said "Why do you have such a crappy old truck" I said it is paid for....
He said I needed a more modern truck. I said like yours, he said yes.

I live in a nice area, and some of the folks think a Cadillac "SUT" or a Honda Ridgeline is a truck...my '93 Ramcharger is a truck. It is really clean and came with 3 really neat features- 1) No payment 2) Holds it's value 3) Get a lot of compliments and/or questions about it.

I don't own a museum piece, never will. No fun if you don't drive and enjoy them

I had a guy ask me if my '65 A had "a 426 in it?" (kodos for actually knowing the CID of one hemi) and he was serious as it had a gnarly idle. I told him no.."bigger,it has a 451 in it..." he gave me the thumbs up on the way out, cool. I was talking to an older guy at Fall Fling about sixes and he swore he had a "285 six" in a 63 B. I asked him how he got 60 more cubes from a 225, maybe stroked? he said no, it was stock. I just told him wow..."Tis better to not argue with an idiot..." you know how that goes.

Apparently the ol' boy had a Rambler with a 258 and his dyslexia kicked in......lol

About the Valiant put down... I resemble that remark! And proud of it.

It's not perfect, maybe not even beautiful. But it's my baby.

If I had a dollar for every asswipe that came up to me and told me it's the wrong color or I should have done this I could afford that Mecum million dollar monster. i prefer the ones that come up and tell about how it reminds them of the time...

-
Back