Barrett Jackson - 1970 Dart Swinger

-
Rare color

Well born car

Numbers are correct

That number the car got is probably in the ball park

I got well north of 40k for my 68 GTS Bigblock car last year to a private buyer. So numbers like that for a desirable A body is reasonable.

That car was wrecked years ago and has had panels and the grille replaced. The inner fender is still mashed up. Kori Alexander's car is way nicer as is mine which is so fresh of a rotisserie restoration that I'm waiting until spring to fire up the completely rebuilt engine.

i12674.jpg

IMG_20211014_123907024.jpg

FB_IMG_1643421257306.jpg

View attachment 1715860693

View attachment 1715860698

Last edited:
That car was wrecked years ago and has had panels and the grille replaced. The inner fender is still mashed up. Cory Alexander's car is way nicer as is mine which is so fresh of a rotisserie restoration that I'm waiting until spring to fire up the completely rebuilt engine.

View attachment 1715860681

View attachment 1715860683

View attachment 1715860692

Is the picture of the crinkled up inner fender actually from the pink Dart that just sold at Barrett Jackson ?

That car was wrecked years ago and has had panels and the grille replaced. The inner fender is still mashed up. Cory Alexander's car is way nicer as is mine which is so fresh of a rotisserie restoration that I'm waiting until spring to fire up the completely rebuilt engine.

View attachment 1715860681

View attachment 1715860683

View attachment 1715860692

I think this is a different car.

This car looks to have high back bucket seats. The auction car has a bench.

VIN #'s would verify.

At any given moment any car will sell for whatever one person will pay. Maybe the guy is wealthy and his father had one when he was a kid or some other connection?
Decisions based on emotion happen every day and almost guarantee failure.
I had a weak moment a couple of weeks ago and now i have a very rough '68 dart roller living in my shop!

I believe I've seen that car featured a number of times in magazines and is considered one of the best examples of a 1970 340 swinger an original form more or less.Great to see the A Body H codes finally getting the recognition that they deserve.

You
I think pink340swinger pictures are of 3 different cars. Kory Alexander's, his car, and then the BJ for sale car.

pink340swinger, please clarify ?
You are correct. Kori's car is the white top and stripe, mine is the bucket seat black hood and stripe 4-speed. The crinkled inner fender is of the Barret Jackson/welborn car.

Last edited:
You

You are correct. Kori's car is the white top and stripe, mine is the bucket seat black hood and stripe 4-speed. The crinkled inner fender is of the Barret Jackson/welborn car.
If that inner fender had those wrinkles in it when I looked at the car I don’t remember. 1986 Foss Chrysler Plymouth mopar show, Exeter newhampshire. It is the best unrestored swinger 340 I have looked at in person though…Swingn’

-
Back