...............barrett-jackson......

-
Wow alot of bitching about the car auction industry. Remember Barrett Jackson isn't the only game in town. You also need to know the common cars don't get sold on Friday and Saturday nights. These time slots are reserved for the cream of the crop, rare 1 of 1 cars, concepts, special etc etc.

If you want to see more common cars with down to earth, non collector prices head to Russo and Steele, RM Auctions and others.

Some people are out of touch about what there stuff is worth, alot of them see these cars on Barrett Jackson and think oh hey I have a convertable 'Cuda so it must be worth milliosn too. Let them think that or show them the fact that those ones are special due to the options it has, etc.

The Batmobile went for $4.62 Million for good reason. #1 its a Lincoln Futura concept car under all the George Barris Batmobile add ons, #2 it was a star of a TV show many baby boomers loved growing up, #3 it was completed by George Barris, the King of Kustomizations, #4 it's the only time in history this car has been offered for sale.

Riddler

Wow alot of bitching about the car auction industry. Remember Barrett Jackson isn't the only game in town. You also need to know the common cars don't get sold on Friday and Saturday nights. These time slots are reserved for the cream of the crop, rare 1 of 1 cars, concepts, special etc etc.

If you want to see more common cars with down to earth, non collector prices head to Russo and Steele, RM Auctions and others.

Some people are out of touch about what there stuff is worth, alot of them see these cars on Barrett Jackson and think oh hey I have a convertable 'Cuda so it must be worth milliosn too. Let them think that or show them the fact that those ones are special due to the options it has, etc.

The Batmobile went for $4.62 Million for good reason. #1 its a Lincoln Futura concept car under all the George Barris Batmobile add ons, #2 it was a star of a TV show many baby boomers loved growing up, #3 it was completed by George Barris, the King of Kustomizations, #4 it's the only time in history this car has been offered for sale.

Riddler

Right on Riddler!

I didnt see any 68 or 69 darts...

There were a couple of Darts at Scottsdale. Check our www.barrett-jackson.com for all of the details.
'68 Dart convertible, Lot 468, sold for $34,100
'69 Dart GTS convertible, Lot 469, sold for $39,600

All together, there were 97 Mopars at Scottsdale: 15 Chryslers, 4 DeSotos, 38 Dodges, and 40 Plymouths. You can check out the cars and the results at the BJ website.

Did anyone see the 'Blue '68 Hemi RoadRunner that sold for $60,000? I just saw a glimpse of it at the end of the show.

Yeh it sold for 58 thousand i thought it was a good deal also, and numbers car .God you see some a body cars right now for 35 .

i agree...that 6 pack road runner under carriage was quite a surprise.
a lot of the buyers are investors and not car guys at all

Barrett-Jackson loves the no-reserve sales.....

the guy that bought my green Hemi Duster ran it at their Florida Auction a year after he bought it from me....no reserve (then, the ONLY way you could run)

he had his buddy (shrill) run it up....to what he bought it from me for...and guess what??? the hammer dropped and he bought it (himself). they made him pay the buy fee (10%) and the sale fee (8%) plus registration/ect. he said the "experience" cost him well over $10K....pretty sure the fees are higher now.

your definitely playn' with the big boys

Mike Joy called it a Six pack Roadrunner. I believe it was a 6 BBL. But it could have been off of a Dodge.

After seeing the W30 442 Conv that went for $325,000 I doubt anyone cared about what they were buy They just want to spend money.

-
Back