Basic 318 Mods

-
I don't understand why you guys live in such cold and miserable climates! Here it has been a bit mild and rainy this week but about 30c (86F) but next week we are in for a hot spell predicted to be about 44c (112F). Thanks for A/C . My 55 year old Charger has A/C and steer and has only 90,000 KLMS on it (56,000 miles) so that is what I take out in the really hot weather as my 410 does not have A/c.

never judge somebody you dont know! he ant comfortable with the weather he best stay in!! man gotta know his limitations! maybe he will buy a car one day may not, maybe a mopar maybe not...maybe he a troll, maybe not! asume what ya want,..put on ignore or just stay off his threads or wait and see what he dose or dont do...13 degrees here on nc/va line in the foothills, know i ant going out less i need food or firewood till its lot warmer by god!!

Ahhhh man…. I drove those conditions just to get coffee in NJ which was a 2 hour ride.

NOT LYING

I’ve driven in blizzards multiple times, bumper high snow on the interstate @ 55 mph….

Yeah, that better be the BEST coffee in the entire world because that’s a long drive for it.

I will admit i never read this thread or if I did was awhile ago. BLOCKED Dan since is same thing again, and AGAIN. Like an episode of I Love Lucy.
But will state I have no I'll will towards DanDaMan.
Since all threads are the same let me cover my thoughts and advice.
1) buy a car, the best one you can.
2) no matter what drive line, , and a complete tune up and proper maintenance Along with making sure current safe tires! Enjoy car
3) if a 225 see above #2
4) after car us safe and #2 completed at later date
318 can be upgraded with.
A) Exhaust. leave exhaust manifolds on add a Summit, Jegs eBay duel exhaust kit.
B) normal stock 340 intake, Performer, Offy, etc short duel plane, even a Holley Street Dom.
C) 500-600 AFB or AVS.

D) You don't have the car so. Don't worry about the upgrade on things like.
Upgrade from drum to disk. Don't worry about 904-727 to 500-518 etc, or gear venders!
Don't worry about new Cam. Don't worry about converter.
Don't worry about upgrade from 7 1/4 to 8 1/4 or 8 3/4
Don't worry about what headers long, short ect
Buy a car the best one you can instead of getting cheap and putting stuff on it. Spend the $ on a better car upfront.
Did I mention buy a good car?
And lastly the best advise.
Since you ask very basic questions on regular basis. I Please, Please for the love of God Pay someone qualified to look the car over before you buy in addition to yourself. If the last statement offends you sorry,but that will be the best money you spend period!
Get A Full Inspection On A Lift by a QUALIFIED PERSON/SHOP SO NOTHING IS MISSED. IF SELLER SAYS NO RUN

Yeah, that better be the BEST coffee in the entire world because that’s a long drive for it.

I will admit i never read this thread or if I did was awhile ago. BLOCKED Dan since is same thing again, and AGAIN. Like an episode of I Love Lucy.
But will state I have no I'll will towards DanDaMan.
Since all threads are the same let me cover my thoughts and advice.
1) buy a car, the best one you can.
2) no matter what drive line, , and a complete tune up and proper maintenance Along with making sure current safe tires! Enjoy car
3) if a 225 see above #2
4) after car us safe and #2 completed at later date
318 can be upgraded with.
A) Exhaust. leave exhaust manifolds on add a Summit, Jegs eBay duel exhaust kit.
B) normal stock 340 intake, Performer, Offy, etc short duel plane, even a Holley Street Dom.
C) 500-600 AFB or AVS.

D) You don't have the car so. Don't worry about the upgrade on things like.
Upgrade from drum to disk. Don't worry about 904-727 to 500-518 etc, or gear venders!
Don't worry about new Cam. Don't worry about converter.
Don't worry about upgrade from 7 1/4 to 8 1/4 or 8 3/4
Don't worry about what headers long, short ect
Buy a car the best one you can instead of getting cheap and putting stuff on it. Spend the $ on a better car upfront.
Did I mention buy a good car?
And lastly the best advise.
Since you ask very basic questions on regular basis. I Please, Please for the love of God Pay someone qualified to look the car over before you buy in addition to yourself. If the last statement offends you sorry,but that will be the best money you spend period!
Get A Full Inspection On A Lift by a QUALIFIED PERSON/SHOP SO NOTHING IS MISSED. IF SELLER SAYS NO RUN
Thanks. I don't mean to repeat questions and I know that I have a bad habit of doing that. The first thing is to get a car and check it out to be sure it's safe and then drive it for a while to see what/ if performance mods I may want to do. Either way a good true dual exhaust system is a must.

If you want a warmed over car that's what I'd be looking for, another thing would be 8 1/4-3/4 rear, big bolt pattern with front disk, best to buy with the driveline you want if you can especially if your not up to the swap. You start with your wish list but got to be pretty open. I bought a Yellow 68 Valiant not my 1st choice body style and color, but meet my main requirements solid body decent interior and driveline and right price.

If you want a warmed over car that's what I'd be looking for, another thing would be 8 1/4-3/4 rear, big bolt pattern with front disk, best to buy with the driveline you want if you can especially if your not up to the swap. You start with your wish list but got to be pretty open. I bought a Yellow 68 Valiant not my 1st choice body style and color, but meet my main requirements solid body decent interior and driveline and right price.
I like those '67-'69 valiant myself

Can we start a Go Fund Me for An Uber so Dan can get to a car to buy? I will donate.
Shhhhhheeeeeeeiiiiiittt, I’ll start one for me. I’ll label it along the same lines as that guy who wrote a sign saying “Buy me a beer.”

I don't understand why you guys live in such cold and miserable climates! Here it has been a bit mild and rainy this week but about 30c (86F) but next week we are in for a hot spell predicted to be about 44c (112F). Thanks for A/C . My 55 year old Charger has A/C and steer and has only 90,000 KLMS on it (56,000 miles) so that is what I take out in the really hot weather as my 410 does not have A/c.
Yeah, but you guys don't get this....It's beautiful :)

We once had a fire fighter exchange with a fellow from Canberra. He told me that the North Shore of Lake Superior would give your Gold Coast a run for it's money.......Although I would love to visit Down Under one day:)

20240115_080519.jpg

troy2 035.jpg

that's part of the problem, his criteria is so narrow that he's effectively eliminated a broad swath of available "inventory".

then, when something does present itself he gets all nit-picky about the dumbest things

so he's in this vicious cycle of analysis paralysis: this car doesn't have a 727, or a 8.75, i don't like the very easy to reverse changes the PO did, that's too much money! and so on and so forth.

the cars are out there, if you're willing to do the work and most critically, have the money. which are both suspect on dan's end.

there's also the whole champagne and caviar wants on a natty lite and BK budget attitide

I don't understand why you guys live in such hot and miserable climates, and everything that moves down there can kill you :lol:
15* here in WV, hardly ever gets this cold, brrrr.
Great thread to Hijack........

Our exchange fellow from Canberra, when someone pointed out all of the poisonous spiders snakes etc, simply said "when you guys walk through the forest, there are animals 7 feet tall that want to eat you" I assume he was talking about bears:lol:

Great thread to Hijack........

Our exchange fellow from Canberra, when someone pointed out all of the poisonous spiders snakes etc, simply said "when you guys walk through the forest, there are animals 7 feet tall that want to eat you" I assume he was talking about bears:lol:
Na, obviously the great northwestern Sasquamich :p

I can see my post was 100% ignored by Dan to not only like at his possible buy but have someone qualified do so.
States he is going to look at it and drive home. I guess he is bringing a portable lift, and enough tools to look at brakes, frame, steering parts, suspension, ahhh never mind.....carry on.

I can see my post was 100% ignored by Dan to not only like at his possible buy but have someone qualified do so.
States he is going to look at it and drive home. I guess he is bringing a portable lift, and enough tools to look at brakes, frame, steering parts, suspension, ahhh never mind.....carry on.
I'm going to look over it the best I can, no one is going to let someone disassemble their car to check it out. Furthermore I don't believe that the owner would even let a perfessionl take his car off his property for a full inspection. Carry on

Read, read read. Take a car a to a reputable shop. That is not disassembly to put on rack and inspect. Having a car inspected by a shop of qualified mechanics is not disassembly.
Shows what you know right there to state it is. Don't be silly, and make more excuses.
Done Dan since your not getting a car anyway.

-
Back