Basic 318 Mods

-
What I've learned to preach to myself and others is:

"YOU WILL PAY"

In other words, there really aren't any shortcuts to this hobby. You can start with a "cheap" project and restore it, or you can start out with something already nice and enjoy it. Either way the actual cost is close. In fact it favors the already nice car because you usually will spend more restoring than buying.
X2 I worked years ago for a guy that had a body shop, he had alot of nice antique cars and hot-rods.
He always said it was cheaper to buy a done car.

it's almost as if inclimate weather during the winter comes as a surprise and looking at cars when the days are cold and short and the light and conditions suck making it more of a hassle between both parties is some unknown shocking revelation.

but rest assured, it'll be no different come spring time. there will be excuses. set your watch to that.
It will so much better. Set your watches for the big event

It will so much better. Set your watches for the big event
not holding my breath.

you said the same thing last year. i offered you the same bet (slice of ham) that you wouldn't get a car by the spring. and guess what, you didn't!

i even offered to look at cars out here that i thought met your criteria and were good to great examples in your price range, even during spring fling, and yet you demurred.

should change your screen name to Dan the Hot Air Balloon at this point.

Maybe I'm smarter than most. I wouldn't ask anyone to go with me to help me bring the car home.

With the weather forecast…. You didn’t mention it to the board who were watching, waiting, wondering….. ahhhhhhhh come on bro!

You said you were going and the decision not to go was never even a thought in your head until morning?

Bro

BRO

BRO!!!!!!

Dan, your done.

1705450786556.gif

Let's back off a bit fellas. If you don't want to read what he posts, just use the ignore button.

I’m think you are stringing the entire board along.

Shame….. shame…. Shame……

Lier lier pants on fire!
You'll be surprised. I just wasn't going to risk my safety or of the person that is going with me to not only bring the car back but to look it over. I think that two sets of eyes are better than one.

With the weather forecast…. You didn’t mention it to the board who were watching, waiting, wondering….. ahhhhhhhh come on bro!

You said you were going and the decision not to go was never even a thought in your head until morning?

Bro

BRO

BRO!!!!!!
No, I knew Sunday night that I wasn't going.

not holding my breath.

you said the same thing last year. i offered you the same bet (slice of ham) that you wouldn't get a car by the spring. and guess what, you didn't!

i even offered to look at cars out here that i thought met your criteria and were good to great examples in your price range, even during spring fling, and yet you demurred.

should change your screen name to Dan the Hot Air Balloon at this point.
Then why didn't you look at let me know if you found anything? I've had a few people run their mouths about helping me to find me a car and that's as far as it's ever went. Talk is cheap action costs

Then why didn't you look at let me know if you found anything? I've had a few people run their mouths about helping me to find me a car and that's as far as it's ever went. Talk is cheap action costs
i'm not going to take the time and effort go pull thru my old posts, but you're more than welcome to do so.

don't try and relitigate the past, dan. every lead i passed along you flatly panned: too far, don't like [insert some minor detail] about this one, i'm not buying a car out west it's too much money in airfare and hotel, the link doesn't work, my vaginitis is flaring up and i can't drive, i don't like green cars, and on and on and on.

every. single. one.

what more do you want beyond giving you a lead on a car? you want me to go buy it and deliver it do you as well? also, i'm not going to take most of my day off to go inspect a car, take pictures, write up a report and exchange emails and messages for free. get real.

i'm especially not going to do that for somebody that's shown a proven track record of not committing to actual, ya know action.

indeed, talk is cheap dan; that's why you have it in spades.

I don't know, I wouldn't be too hard on someone not being in a rush to get a car. Heck I don't even like driving close by to pickup things some days.

i'm not going to take the time and effort go pull thru my old posts, but you're more than welcome to do so.

don't try and relitigate the past, dan. every lead i passed along you flatly panned: too far, don't like [insert some minor detail] about this one, i'm not buying a car out west it's too much money in airfare and hotel, the link doesn't work, my vaginitis is flaring up and i can't drive, i don't like green cars, and on and on and on.

every. single. one.

what more do you want beyond giving you a lead on a car? you want me to go buy it and deliver it do you as well? also, i'm not going to take most of my day off to go inspect a car, take pictures, write up a report and exchange emails and messages for free. get real.

i'm especially not going to do that for somebody that's shown a proven track record of not committing to actual, ya know action.

indeed, talk is cheap dan; that's why you have it in spades.
It'll happen soon.

Ahhhh man…. I drove those conditions just to get coffee in NJ which was a 2 hour ride.

NOT LYING

I’ve driven in blizzards multiple times, bumper high snow on the interstate @ 55 mph….
Anybody who drives that far just to get coffee, I'll leave that one alone

-
Back