Bearing dust cap size?

-

Dave Huth

Reaction score
Does anyone know the proper dust cap size or part number for a 1968 Dart 270, 9” brakes /6? Lost one on the road and don’t want to get the garbage ones that fall off all the time. Thanks Fam.
Dave

Damn, those are hard to find. I don't know if anyone repops them. You might need to start a wanted thread.

Does anyone know the proper dust cap size or part number for a 1968 Dart 270, 9” brakes /6? Lost one on the road and don’t want to get the garbage ones that fall off all the time. Thanks Fam.
Dave
Ok, I had the same problem.
What you need to do is find a lawnmower (preferably craftsman dlt3000) and rob the dust caps off of those.
perfect fit.

PXL_20210803_001529998 (1).jpg

If you can zoom in on this pic, you can see them on the front

Dave
also, went to o'reilly's to get a "correct" part number for some dust caps and they were nearly 2" in diameter.

Approx. about 1.575 inch.
If only you posted yesterday, and i saw your ad, i would have sent you one for a buck or two, and postage.
I was at the post office this morning, but i never know when i will have to be there again.
Only make the trip when i have too, for other things.

9 Inch dust cap 002 (Small) (1).JPG

If only you posted yesterday, and i saw your ad, i would have sent you one for a buck or two, and postage.
I was at the post office this morning, but i never know when i will have to be there again.

View attachment 1715775039
Have you considered "shopping" online at the post office?

You pay online, print your label and leave your outgoing package in your mailbox

Then when your mailman passes by, he'll pick it up and ship it

Of course, the big bonus is...they won't qoute you one thing online, and charge you more instore

Have you considered "shopping" online at the post office?

You pay online, print your label and leave your outgoing package in your mailbox

Then when your mailman passes by, he'll pick it up and ship it

Of course, the big bonus is...they won't qoute you one thing online, and charge you more instore
No, i have no interest, desire, in doing anything like that, with the very limited things that would even make it worth while.
Not worth it for me to do anything like that.

No, i have no interest, desire, in doing anything like that, with the very limited things that would even make it worth while.
Not worth it for me to do anything like that.
No problem, I just thought it point it out

Dave
Thanks for all the replies and help guys, much appreciated.

View attachment 1715775039
I am dealing with the same issue! If you have any more I'd be happy to pay $5 and postage for it.

Thanks,
Denis

I am dealing with the same issue! If you have any more I'd be happy to pay $5 and postage for it.

Thanks,
Denis
Welcome to FABO. You should start a parts wanted thread if you are looking. The guys above didn't but should have.

-
Back