-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizen

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
As you can see I'm new to this forum, but I figured I would post this car to see if there is any interest.
Let's face it, when was the last time you saw a 67 Barracuda Convertible. There were only approx 4,000 convertibles Barracudas made in 1967, of those approx 4,000, how many are still on the road or are full of cancer. The Frame-Off Restoration was completed in early 2008 by the previous owner. I have the owner’s manual and build sheet. It has approx 84K miles and to my knowledge has not rolled over. The underside of the car is just as beautiful as the exterior! NO RUST!!

DriveTrain:
 Rebuilt 273V8 beefed up slightly with the addition of an Edelbrock Performer intake, a 500cfm Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS, a mild Crane cam, smoothed and Jet Hot-coated 340 exhaust manifolds and a Pertronix electronic ignition conversion. Correct shade of red on the engine with wrinkle finished valve covers and chrome air cleaner.
· New dual exhaust system with DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers and an X pipe.
· Rebuilt 727 automatic transmission
· 8 ¾ rear with 3.23’s and a Sure-Grip

Exterior:

· Ansen Sprints 5x4 bolt pattern wheels. (I don't have the original wheels and wheel covers)
· BFGoodrich Radial T/A’s 215/70/14 size
· There are all new suspension and brake components and new lines and hoses.
· New hoses and belts along with power brakes and power steering.

Interior:

· The broadcast sheet says blue interior, but the interior was replaced in white. White seats, door panels and other trim is from Legendary
· Brand new, excellent used, buffed or rechromed trim
· New white convertible top and boot from Legendary
· Resprayed door frames and trim and the restored dash
· Working AM Radio
· Top motor works as it should
· Vacuum operated economy gauge (Working!!)
· New window cranks
· New chrome door levers
· Doors and Hood shut effortlessly
· Bright Blue floors are super shiny, just like the exterior
· Detailed trunk: The floor and underside of the deck lid share the shine with the exterior and hold a restored jack, the spare tire and a new mat.

Here’s the breakdown of the VIN and broadcast sheets:

B = Plymouth Barracuda
H = High Line
27 = Convertible
D = 273 180HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
7 = 1967
2 = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
881 Bright Blue Poly
E Upper door Frame Paint (Dark Blue Poly)
303 Parchment Convertible Top
H6C Bucket Seats, Light Blue Deluxe Vinyl
031 273-2bbl
402 ?axle?
395 Automatic Transmission

421 AM Radio(WORKING!)
456 Power Steering
476 Standard Drum Brakes
487 Cigar Lighter
509 Glove Box Lock
511 Map Light
529 Custom Sill Moldings
564 bucket seat w/o headrest
574 Vacuum Gauge
579 Undercoating & Hood Pad
581 Deluxe wheel covers
622 battery 48 amps

All in all, this is a great Cuda. I have loved owning it and it is always been a huge hit at the car shows. I hate to sell it but I don't have the free time I used to get to enjoy the car. I'm asking $32,500 Please PM me for me info and additional pics.
Tyler
View attachment 010.jpg

View attachment BARRACUDA-6sm.jpg

View attachment BARRACUDA-11sm.jpg

View attachment BARRACUDA-14sm.jpg

As you can see, from my "Frame-Off" description I'm ignorant as to all the details about A-Body Mopars. So I apologize to those who I have offended and glad I could make others laugh.
If there are any other details that for which I made a mistake, please let me know. I value any input, as you members are the experts of these vehicles.
Tyler

Sheesh guys...give him a break! We should consider ourselves fortunate that he wants to try and sell it here..isnt that part of why this forum exists? To put like minded people in touch with others? Who cares if it's his first post...maybe a member will get a nice car out of it.

Yea, I'm sure it's not a "frame-off"...but he's taken the time to put ALOT of info on his car here for us to pour over...so let's take it easy on him eh? He get's a bad taste in his mouth about this site and then passes that on to others and all we do is push people away...

For all the grief he is getting that is a sweet looking fish. What are those exhaust manifolds, HP 340 units? The previous guy did a nice job. Should he have painted the fender tag though?

I thought we werent supposed to post to for sale ads if it wasnt relevent?

beautiful car btw!!! Best of luck with the sale..

Very clean car an honorable Mopar a little pricey for my budget though. Put it away for a while until your mood changes if you sell it you will likely never get another one....Larry

Beautiful car!
Good luck with the sale...truly a shame not to have enough time to enjoy it...great summer cruiser!

frame-off...always reminds me of a Corvette ad..usually misleading...sorry my negative input.

Peace8)

..just to pipeup here but there is a local guy that has done a frame off of his dart. The body was great but he wanted to go farther (scope creep) and yes..a lot of drilling and rewelding..

Nice convert.
Grassy

We know what you meant...........

GORGEOUS car man........GORGEOUS.

I wish you well on the sale. Looks like none better to me. GREAT car.

Yeah we knew what he meant.

Gosh-dang! that's a sweet looking restoration.

I wonder if it was a rotisserie resto?

Thanks for all the great comments! I really don't want to sell it, but it just seems to be a shame to just let it sit in my garage. A few more pics.

Attachments

• BARRACUDA-3sm.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,169
  • BARRACUDA-5sm.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • BARRACUDA-7sm.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,194
That is a beautiful cuda i would put it away and ponder selling it,besides in this economy your a little pricy[car is worth every penny]but a sale for that amount my take some time.Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for all the great comments! I really don't want to sell it, but it just seems to be a shame to just let it sit in my garage. A few more pics.

Yea...you should drive it.

It's what you do once your done with a beautiful frame off resto....I know..No frame but yes you detailed the frame so same diff.

Enjoy your one of barely any left car....savor the difference between you and every other car on the road.

It's worth more in memories yet to be made than you will ever get selling it.

Ask my wife's 69....after and before.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_3883w.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 100_2588w.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,054
Nice looking car. I had a 68 convertible that color once.

Trade me for my Demon.

Attachments

• 71 Demon 340 Scotts Driveway - Drivers 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,024
How long have you had the car? It looks like the one Mike Furth restored when he started Nostalgia Lane, which is now Mr. Norm's Garage. If so, it's a very well done car and started out as a good solid car.

thats looks sweet man. are the tops of ur door black? im restoring my 67 and gonna paint it a blue almost like yours and going with white interior. but was trying to figure out what colors the rest of the interior will be.

I have owned the car almost 3 years.

The tops of the doors are a dark blue like the carpet. It's hard to see in the pics. Here are a couple more pics to show the interior and hopefully you can see the colors better.

A question to you all?? Do you think the car is priced fair? Not that I'm desperate to sell it, I'm just curious as to your thoughts.
Thanks!

Attachments

• BARRACUDA-13sm.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 960
  • BARRACUDA-15sm.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 924
  • BARRACUDA-18sm.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 937
  • BARRACUDA-21sm.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 977
  • BARRACUDA-22sm.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 935
Just so you know (nobody explained) Mopars are uni-body cars. They do not have a frame. We knew what you meant though.

Very nice car.
Good luck with your sale !

PS: Whatever you do, "Dont" say "Positraction" !!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back