Been away from the board for a while, Cancer Sucks!

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Hey Everyone...

We'll I haven't been on the board for a while, since the fall anyway....

Last September my father was diagnosed with cancer in his throat. He started him Chemo and Radiation back in October and finished mid November. As expected it was tough on him but he powered through it. It really set him back and basically put everything in his life on hold as it should. He struggled with a tracheotomy which is got unexpectedly during his biopsy. Actually I remember he drag raced the week after his first treatment.... that was the last time out. He had the trach until the new year. He was also given a feeding tube which he is still on because hes not able to swallow correctly.

The good news is that in mid March they told him that he's cancer free and since then he's been working on building back his strength. He's starting to putt around on different things in the shop now which is a good sign. He's never been one to stand still too long and this past winter have been a lesson in patients for him.

At the same time I've been crazy busy with work and that's ate into time on this board. The Dart has sat dormant since the fall and since I never really had much planned for it this winter its been fine. The Lil Red Express has been the same. Dad's starting to get the itch back and will race this summer. I have no doubt.

We are probably going to run a pretty good bracket series here in Ontario and probably join the points as co-drivers which will be pretty cool. I think Dad is planning on doing some Mopar races down south as well. He's about 50 lbs lighter now so that will help the ET's j/k...

I see that Josh is running a Monster Mopar event at Norwalk in the fall so thats high on the list. I'm probably going to go to Norwalk for the Cavalcade of stars event in May as part as a family vacation. If anyone is going let me know. I'm planning on the Saturday evening on the way to Ceder Point.

I know I was involved in helping some guys in here make window louvers. Since work got crazy I have had no extra time. It looks like it might be more of the same until mid summer too. Everyone says its good to be busy I guess but when your doing all the work its hard to believe them. I'm sorry I wasn't more help.

I am going to get back on this board more now. Since the weather is getting nicer and Dad's doing better I'll get the car out in the next few weeks. I got a GoPro on Boxing Day (day after xmas in Canada) so I'm pumped to try it out with the car. I also got new tires on the rear so they will need to be tested... I think they are a bit big so I'll have to wear off some of the diameter. Also get some drag racing videos with it so I'll post them up too.

Anyways, rant over I guess. I hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks for reading.

Glad you are back and sorry that your father got cancer but is awesome he is getting over it.
I wish nothing but good luck to his recovery

speedy recovery. Glad he it doing a few things. Glad you are back to.

Great news all around.. have a awesome time this year with your Dad etc with the Mopars....

Good news about your Dad, give him a big hug every day you see him!
Welcome back.

Kenny

Glad to see you back(I wondered what happen to ya)Also glad to here your Dad has beaten the C :D He,s a tough old Dodger and I hope to see you both out at the tracks this season.:burnout:

Congrats, Great to see things getting better, from an ex feeding tube, chemo/rad, C survivor. I feel his pain.

Great you both are back! Hope for a fast recovery for your dad and a great season for you and your car!

:burnout:

Welcome back! Glad you father beat it and is gaining strength. It sucks for sure. I have been clean for over 2 years.. Makes you re think life a little.. Enjoy the up coming season!

Thanks everyone! It definitely puts things into perspective.

Something that I never really thought about is how many other people have been through a similar situations on a board like this. If you have and don't mind talking about it please send me a PM to open a discussion. We still have a lot of unknowns and although the doctors have been good they leave us hanging on a lot of aspects.

Specifically I have questions about recovery from throat cancer.

Thanks Guys! I should have come back sooner.

-
Back