Before you roll your eyes

-
Photo of the Certicard?
B675EE70-45B2-40A2-95C8-36E24C059CB5.jpeg
6C54B954-0C68-4CA8-A846-72D4CB0066F5.jpeg

Has your front bumper been tucked?

I don't think it was. I bought it 10 years ago and, other than a clay bar and some touch up, I haven't touched the outside. I've done the entire drive train, chassis, and interior, but nothing with the body, lol.

Here's a picture of the driver's side.
20210619_200036.jpg

I don't think it was. I bought it 10 years ago and, other than a clay bar and some touch up, I haven't touched the outside. I've done the entire drive train, chassis, and interior, but nothing with the body, lol.

Here's a picture of the driver's side.
View attachment 1715753591
From the picture I couldn’t tell, I haven’t seen one tucked close up

Would like to ask those more knowledgeable who commented on the paint codes about the silver (semi gloss?, flat?) two tone paint below the horizontal trim line most (many) Signets had. If painted in buffed silver did the paint extend below horizontal trim or would car have had a buffed silver upper only with the standard Signet flat silver bottom ? I've always liked these cars for the two tone paint scheme but the talk of a buffed silver upper has me wondering ?

Last edited:
I dunno, is Galen Govier still around? I seem to recall there is a VIN decoder website somewhere...

The silver paint below the trim line on signets and 1967 Satellites would be the same flat silver as any paint color, not the buffed silver body paint.

No it would have been a car with silver Body color paint on it. Just like a red car with the silver lower accent paint. The car model and trim level dictates the silver accent. Then it just happens to be painted AA1 silver.

There is no change in painting the lower part of the car the flat silver.

31676764-AEA0-4EC8-A94B-8E0B521A4C0D.jpeg

-
Back