"Bell" style drums

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Do these have any value to anyone? I have never seen them before. I believe the rear end in my car came from a 70 A body.

20200126_170045.jpg

If they are 4" BP they are correct for an A body 8 3/4 up through 72 I think.

I have them on the rear of my wagon, 68 Barracuda 8 3/4. And the front drums on my wagon, e-booger said were never made!

Yep, they’re worth money. If they’re useable and can still be turned to clean them up, you could get up to $100 for the pair.

About 25 years ago I had a wheel fly off my dart and I dragged the car about 100 yards on one of those bell drums. it ate half the bell right off of it.
Yes, save them if they are in decent shape. I like the look of them to be honest.

Thanks guys. They are still in great shape and would easily turn. Unfortunately it's hard to find anyone that knows how to use a brake lathe these days! Last time I hat to show the O'Reilly kid how to do it. I'll save em for a rainy day as I bought new replacement drums.

Check out the fronts on this car.... Any desire or worth to these things?

20200213_193821.jpg

He is very opinionated (as most of us are) but he is convinced that his opinion is the absolute truth/fact. Don't get me wrong, he is very knowledgeable but is a legend in his own mind and quite sure he knows better than pretty much everyone else. He and I have gone around a few times.

Finned 5 x 4" drums were available on '73-'76 A-bodies.

I checked with a socket and the uppers are indeed large ball joints. I'm assuming the lowers are as well. Now are the spindles the same drum to disc? I'd assume not?

-
Back