Best all weather car cover?

-

Bruce Leee

Reaction score
What do you guys and gals recommend for a car cover? Or rather where to get one. So many options but which one has worked for you? Looking for an all weather cover.

I've been looking at the California Car covers. They are pricey but will probably last the rest of my lifetime. I'm still researching them so I'll be following this thread. Good luck!

I buy 3 layer / under 150 price range from various sellers every few years. They get dirty on the outside, pollen and such. Wont fit in the washing machine.
I have to tell all... The car cover is like a virtual barbed wire fence between me and my car. I'll have to gather that feckin' tent up and put it somewhere just to drive the car a few hours. Once back home I'll have to finger out how to ungather it again, hoping it dont slide off to the ground. Is the antenna hole in the right spot? Hail no, its backward. Turn it 180 degrees, there it goes sliding off the rear. GRRRRRR Slick wax is my enemy.
Did I say I hate the thing? I aint uncovered the car since mid August. When I do I'll probably find this cover has started shedding lint from its fuzzy under layer too. Time to buy another.
Maybe I'm a idiot because I haven't fingered out how to fold/unfold it. I did learn that If I wanna partially remove it, raise the hood, hook up the battery, let the car sit and idle a while, I'll need to take it off the exhaust tip too,,, and hope a breeze doesn't come along and throw it on the ground again. So any advise here? YEP... Buy a cheap one first and try to learn to love it.

The best all weather car cover is a.... Garage...

My opinion is a cover made with NOAH fabric because they turn water very well. Just about any site that sells covers has it NOAH covers and they are a little pricey but well worth it.

If i had to cover a car for outdoors, i would consider 2.
One thats best for paint, another thats good for repelling the weather.
A good cover with a tarp is what i have been forced to use when we had a lot of heavy rain.

Double bag and a flag. Before anybody else says it....

Nope, ALL of them last as long as their warrantied for...
I missed the part about him needing an all weather cover. I'm just looking for something to keep the dust off of my car during the winter hibernation in my garage. Dec-March my car won't be moving and I have a bad habit of sitting boxes and such on the car.

-
Back