Best budget 360 stroker kit

-
Ha.. yeah, I know...

I dare post my opinion and experience and well...the rest is above. ha ha

Hey you can fiddle and make a lot of things ''work'' but we're talking about a 408-410 stroker, and mag heads are a close relative of 318 port volumes

:cheers:Like I said we're all individuals here so just have fun and do you're own thing:cheers:

yep, 351 4v heads flow ridiculous amounts on the intake side

Cool. And hey,I like "smack talk"! lol....

That port volume statement is true. The Magnum is a compromise head that came on both the 5.2 and 5.9 magnums. It is more than enough head for a 318 but needs some work to be used on a 360. Nevermind another 48 inches. It could but the money would be stupid to make it happen. Taller valves for more lift because it is limited in stock form to about .520 lift for a sart.

Yeah! I got a set of 351 4bbl heads that will outflow both of you guys, can I play??

ROFLMAO!

I still am hanging on to my J, X, 308 heads because of the shafts, I don't care about numbers when they will all do the same thing, it's just hard to beat a shaft.
Combustion chamber can be fixed with pistons, if you like the clsoed chamber idea vs open chamber.

OMG, you can practically roll a tennis ball through those Cleveland heads! Lol!

Getting back to rotating assemblies, I`ve had good experiences with Frank at gofaststuff too, prices are very competitive.

If you think Ceveland heads are big I had a picture on my ex-wife's PC of a 20oz coke bottle sitting in the intake port of a stock Boss 429 head. First thing you do with Clevelands is fill them 1/2 way and start reshaping...lol. One of my mentors races them and has since the 70s.

If you think Ceveland heads are big I had a picture on my ex-wife's PC of a 20oz coke bottle sitting in the intake port of a stock Boss 429 head. First thing you do with Clevelands is fill them 1/2 way and start reshaping...lol. One of my mentors races them and has since the 70s.

Interesting, reduce volume to increase velocity?

Just a suggestion you can go with the 408 stroker kit but it's about 14 to 1500 I like using the 351w base block that thing is tough you can get a kit rated up to 500hp. for bout 900 and some come balanced you will just have to shop around like I said just a suggestion though

Yes, definitely forged and H beam rods, with a lil bitty nitrous all day long.
The thread is almost 10 years old, but here is my suggestion. I have beat the ever loving snot out of a Scat cast 4” crank, Scat H beam rods. Shifting 6400-6500 rpm and 6700-6800 at the stripe. Changed pistons 5-6 years ago and had it balanced to 1/2 gram. New bearings. Still straight at that point. 50,000+ miles and has to be 2000 runs on the crank. With all that being said, buy a forged crank. The money is not that much more and our performance goals almost ALWAYS drift upward. I personally would avoid cast Eagle cranks. Go forged.

The thread is almost 10 years old, but here is my suggestion. I have beat the ever loving snot out of a Scat cast 4” crank, Scat H beam rods. Shifting 6400-6500 rpm and 6700-6800 at the stripe. Changed pistons 5-6 years ago and had it balanced to 1/2 gram. New bearings. Still straight at that point. 50,000+ miles and has to be 2000 runs on the crank. With all that being said, buy a forged crank. The money is not that much more and our performance goals almost ALWAYS drift upward. I personally would avoid cast Eagle cranks. Go forged.
I wish we could get the 10yr old prices back…. lol

Me too and because it is VERY pertinent to the question asked……in the somewhat near future am going to go roller, and I need to swap to a forged crank.

Me too and because it is VERY pertinent to the question asked……in the somewhat near future am going to go roller, and I need to swap to a forged crank.
What I have found is going with a Summit Racing forged crank and I-Beam rods along with bearings, pistons and rings of your choice is the best deal right now. Top that off with a 10% off coupon that pops up from time to time and you will get the best bang for the buck setup.

At the time I ordered, everything was on back order and I thought going the opposite direction (top dollar stuff) would get me the parts sooner but it didn't.... lol

I began reading this from the FIRST post. I damn near tripped running to get my credit card.....then I saw the year of this topic!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! 2009! I was beginning to sieze at the thought of buying a drop in stroker kit for $1200. Looks like in 2023 the prices range from $1800 to $3500 depending on metal grade and balancing.

-
Back