best clutch

-

deerbreeder

Reaction score
Hey guys I was thinking of putting a centerforce dual friction clutch in my dart sport.I have a 440 stroker 496ci somewhere about 650 to700 horse power.Is that the best clutch to put in? Do I need to remove the clutch peddle spring for the other performance clutches?Thanks for your time,Steve

You only remove the spring with a diaphragm pressure plate. Remove it with any other and you're gonna have a really sore left leg.

don

I have a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch in My Dart and can't complain one bit...its held up great. Over 600hp and 700tq @ the flywheel, its been to the track a couple times...no problems. If its a street driven car you're probably never going to get enough traction to overpower this clutch. If your going to take it to the track and have the tire and suspension to get traction off the line, you might want to look for something else.

I centerforce Dual Frictions in both my Dart & Ram without any issue & I highly recomend them.

South Bend Clutch is going in the 68 383 that we are building...We figured that if I can't slip this clutch in my Dodge Cummins Diesel making around 1000 lbs of torque...there clutch should hold a 425 hp 383.

Rick

The South Bend in my Duster seems to be working really well. Granted, I'm at half your power level, but the DXD SageIII is somewhere in the middle of their lineup, so there might be something there on the high end for you.

i have not heard of this south bend clutch??? is it a finger or diaphram style pressude plate?? and the cost woudl be around???

i tried there site,,, they say nothing about clutches for a v 8 car,,, only diesel and import style,,, i e mailed them.... see if i get a return e mail,,thanks for the info

The centerforce is great !! I have a 70 340 stroked to 416 4spd w/355 gears and it works great.. real nice when take off big spring under dash

-
Back