Best Deep Pan?

-

71Duster

Reaction score
I have a mopar stamped steel deep pan on my 727 which I've never been able to keep from leaking cork gasket or the modern re-useable one for a 518.

I've seen B&M Has a cast alluminim version and Milodon has one similar to their oilpans with a billet sealing edge. Anyone have other opinions?

B&M cast aluminum pan and the re-useable gasket from Mopar and haven't leaked a drop. Actually I have re-used the gasket 3 times now with no leaks. The cast aluminum pan tends to stiffen the bottom of the case also.

I've seen and heard excellent things about the Summit racing deep pan. Extra thick rails and a heavy duty cast pan.

Where AbodyJoe? He knows what I'm speaking off and probably has a picture of it.

I have a mopar stamped steel deep pan on my 727 which I've never been able to keep from leaking cork gasket or the modern re-useable one for a 518.

I've seen B&M Has a cast alluminim version and Milodon has one similar to their oilpans with a billet sealing edge. Anyone have other opinions?

Really...i have the mopar deep pan on my 904 never a problem with the pan leaking hmm....

Mine 904 leaking alot. Allways a problem. 727 models as well.

I bought and installed that 1009 pan on my 727 from Summit last year and no leaks. I also like the billet aluminum filter extension whereas some others use a SS tube with a plate welded to each end instead.

I know a few guys running the 727 alum pan from summit. They all like it and haven't had any problems with it

it adds 2 qts. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-1009R/

sme-1009r_w.jpg

Can't beat the price on the Summit one, may have to order one up soon.

I've never been able to get the stamped steel mopar performance one to stop leaking on mine

I know a few guys running the 727 alum pan from summit. They all like it and haven't had any problems with it

Hey Joe
I bought that summit pan and it looks good but concerned about bottoming out. It sits almost a 1/2 inch lower than my TTI's. I dont think you run as low as I do but have you had any clearance issues?

It's true, I missed it big. I didn't get to install the pan yet, got it Friday. Very thick sealing lip!

-
Back