Best exhaust for my application?

-

BlueDream

Aspiring Mopar enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a 318 for my Dart and I'm still undecided on what exhaust to run. It's 9.2:1 compression, getting a Comp 268H cam, Hooker Headers, Edelbrock Performer intake topped by a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb. It will be my toy in the summer. I want it to be loud with a deep exhaust tone, I thought about Flowmaster super 10's but I think I would get too many tickets for my liking. I want a really really aggressive sound that just makes my Dart sound angry. Any suggestions would be great! :help:

I run Dynomax welded mufflers on my 70 Dart 340 and I get a lot of compliments on it. It's got a good rumble, and barks when I stomp on it, but it doesn't have that drone at certain speeds.

If you're running the Hooker 5116 Super Comps, be careful. They hang too far below the K-frame and will crush some of the tubes.

They're great headers, but not practical clearance for street drivers.

If you're running the Hooker 5116 Super Comps, be careful. They hang too far below the K-frame and will crush some of the tubes.

They're great headers, but not practical clearance for street drivers.

Mine are Hooker Competition, they're not the super comps. 5901 I believe. I don't know what kind of ground clearance i'll have but I don't think it'd be fun to have them hitting the ground every time I hit a bump in the road.

Dynomax Super Turbos are, in my opinion, the best "overall" muffler for Mopars whether your engine is mild or aggressive. Nice deep tone, not too loud. Some will disagree but they are standard with TTI exhaust systems. I think that says a lot.

I run the Thrush Welded on 2 1/2" pipe. Sound really good with a deep tone and rumble. And it's easy on the wallet!

could someone help me? I own a brasilian charger, which is the same body of the dart, A-body, with the 318 engine withstock heads , but I would buy a header that possesses the same design TTI or Doug's D453, but with a more affordable price, because I have to import to Brazil and freight is very expensive, could someone point me to some manufacturer or similar model?

could someone help me? I own a brasilian charger, which is the same body of the dart, A-body, with the 318 engine withstock heads , but I would buy a header that possesses the same design TTI or Doug's D453, but with a more affordable price, because I have to import to Brazil and freight is very expensive, could someone point me to some manufacturer or similar model?

TTi and Dougs are it for that design. You have to have a custom made set is the only other option.

personal hello! I'll be back here again with a new problem, got the short time a couple of Mopar Performance P4532900 heads, but it is a rare head and outstanding, and realized something, drilling exhaust is standard LA and exhaust ducts are MAGNUM, I was told I would have to use a exhaust model W2 ECONO this that right?

-
Back