Best exhaust manifolds???

-
:violent1:Hmmm... early A body exhaust. That is a struggle. After lots of thought, I just saved up my money and bought these TTI's. They are a work of art.

Those are really nice! But I went and read there instructions for installing them and it scared me off. I just will not drive something on the street that has a steering shaft going threw the middle of a header. One of my silly rules. LOL I know some one (my DAD) that had a set up like that back in the day. He had a engine mound break on launch and bend the steering shaft. He crashed the car into the ditch do to the fact he could not steer it. Now I am sure that is a rare thing, but as I have broke two motor mounts (1979 Corvete) in my life I am just not to fond of the idea. But boy they do look very nice!!!!

VERY simple to tell them apart. The 318 manifold has a "ball" type flange and the 340 flange is FLAT.

Everything I've heard or read points at the exhaust manifolds that came with 69 340 X heads as being the very best flowing of all era correct manifolds.
If I has a early A I would be looking at 95 Cherokee, Dakota/Durango manifolds.
After all anything other than stock is going to require some grinding,etc.. for fitment.
The only difference is cost. Those 340 manifolds are priced like gold while the late model manifolds can be had for a song.
Anything will be better than stock. Your left side manifold has a wierd little crook in the dump end that really resricts flow. A member names Lars said it best, "Like pooping through a straw". LOL

Were the good dakota manifolds made to 95? I thought 93 was the cutoff year. Just sticks out in my mind. I do know the standard dakota manifolds are not the 2.125" outlet. Has to be a 360 or a shelby I believe. But even the standard 318 ones are supposed to flow almost as good as the 340 pieces.

Here's a pair of the biguns. That didn't sound right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/318-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Were the good dakota manifolds made to 95? I thought 93 was the cutoff year. Just sticks out in my mind. I do know the standard dakota manifolds are not the 2.125" outlet. Has to be a 360 or a shelby I believe. But even the standard 318 ones are supposed to flow almost as good as the 340 pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/318-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hmmm,
Might have been 95 Cherokee on second gen A-body with late model magnum or hemi engine.
Dakota/Durango manifolds through 93 for early A 273.
I dont depend on my memory so others shouldn't. Research is the key. Good luck

Everything I've heard or read points at the exhaust manifolds that came with 69 340 X heads as being the very best flowing of all era correct manifolds.
If I has a early A I would be looking at 95 Cherokee, Dakota/Durango manifolds.
After all anything other than stock is going to require some grinding,etc.. for fitment.
The only difference is cost. Those 340 manifolds are priced like gold while the late model manifolds can be had for a song.
Anything will be better than stock. Your left side manifold has a wierd little crook in the dump end that really resricts flow. A member names Lars said it best, "Like pooping through a straw". LOL

Thanks,
If I knew I could make them fit a 65 I would go with those early HYPO 340 manifolds. I do not mind the high $ they go for. I figure I would spend that muck on a set of headers any way. Or at least that is what I tell my self! LOL

Hmmm,
Might have been 95 Cherokee on second gen A-body with late model magnum or hemi engine.
Dakota/Durango manifolds through 93 for early A 273.
I dont depend on my memory so others shouldn't. Research is the key. Good luck

Well....I honestly don't know. I THOUGHT I remembered reading it was 91-93. But when I think, I smell insulation burnin....so that ain't always safe.

I half thought about those. Just was not sure if TTI makes head pipes for those or not.

I half thought about those. Just was not sure if TTI makes head pipes for those or not.

Just save some dough and get the exhaust run locally.....with the HP level you're talkin about, you'll never feel the difference between TTI and die and shoe bent. All you'll have is bench racin braggin rights.....but if that's what you want.........

Just save some dough and get the exhaust run locally.....with the HP level you're talkin about, you'll never feel the difference between TTI and die and shoe bent. All you'll have is bench racin braggin rights.....but if that's what you want.........

Well some time next year it will hopefully have a new 408 "273 LOL" So I want to get the highest flow possible with manifolds. I aready have an TTI system on the way for the factory manifolds, so I will just have to replace the head pipes when I do the swap.

Thanks

Well some time next year it will hopefully have a new 408 "273 LOL" So I want to get the highest flow possible with manifolds. I aready have an TTI system on the way for the factory manifolds, so I will just have to replace the head pipes when I do the swap.

Thanks

Well.....my opinion, FWIW, is that you'll not feel the difference UNLESS you run headers. I may well be wrong. Surely, you'll have a quality exhaust system, though, because Lord knows TTI sells quality stuff.

Yup, das it. A blind man could tell da difference.

Thanks,
If I knew I could make them fit a 65 I would go with those early HYPO 340 manifolds. I do not mind the high $ they go for. I figure I would spend that muck on a set of headers any way. Or at least that is what I tell my self! LOL

And 5, 10--20 years later on you can resell the HP manifolds. With headers they "age", maybe after only a few years the headers will still have a good re-sale valve but if they rust and warp good luck getting $100 for them.

HP manifolds are like gold, so long as they don't crack the re-sale valve holds up, may even increase

-
Back