Best fitting plug wires...

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
So I've got MSD wires on currently. They are red (which I hate) and too long (which I hate). After looking around for a black set, that fits right, I'm even more lost. There seems to be a million variations...

Anyone running a black set of wires (brand doesnt matter) that fit nicely? I had FireCore 50's on the Dart. They fit ok, but too much $$. Just looking for a nice fitting set of black MSD's, Taylors, Accels w/ black wire and either black or grey boots...

I'd prefer not a universal make it yourself kit...so please if you have an 'out of the box' set that works, gimme the part #!!

Thanks!!

Black MSD have to be cut to size. I have a set and I need to cut to size.

CIMG4717.jpg

i have black taylors. had to cut them to the size i wanted. its the only way to get them to fit the way ya want.

Taylor has a good breakdown in their book on the length of each wire, if you prefer the pre-assembled versions. It would not be hard to find a set that has the wires very close to your desired dimensions.

I got 6 years out of my last set, daily driver with 208K miles.

Fire core 50,best damn wires i ever used..called told him what i was running for an ignition system and they sent me wires that fit perfect...

carquest premium wires are good and there black with white writing. around $30, just changed out for NAPA lifetime ones though because I like blue :cool:

Joe, that looks killer! and clean! What Taylor kit did you order? And what wire seperator kit did you buy that works with the valve covers?

pics.. i want to see how they are run..

Joe - Here's the FireCore 50's that were on my 340 in the old Dart...used MSD seperators. They were a nice fit. Little tight on the pass. valve cover on #6 if memory serves me...again. I like them, but for $105 it's a little excessive.

Dart 001.jpg

Dart 002.jpg

Joe, that looks killer! and clean! What Taylor kit did you order? And what wire seperator kit did you buy that works with the valve covers?

they are just the taylors that you cut to length . and these are the separators i used. no problem getting them to work. they go on a longer valve cover bolt.. http://www.made4uproducts.com/v-8 kits.htm

Are the valve cover bolts included in the kit? If not, where did you get bolts that work with them?

Are the valve cover bolts included in the kit? If not, where did you get bolts that work with them?

they come with long allen bolts if i remember.. but you can just buy longer 1/4-20 bolts to hold them down.. infact thats what i did. the allen heads that fit inside get to be a pain in the *** over time..

Joe - Here's the FireCore 50's that were on my 340 in the old Dart...used MSD seperators. They were a nice fit. Little tight on the pass. valve cover on #6 if memory serves me...again. I like them, but for $105 it's a little excessive.

High quality separators are the key to a good looking set of wires. Also when I remove the dist cap the wires stay together... no more guessing which wire goes where.

-
Back