Best Header Collector Gasket

-

racerdude5

Reaction score
What gaskets have you guys had the best experience with as far as header collector gaskets go? I have had remflex and they haven't been as good as I would have liked. They're so soft I can crumble the edges of it with my fingers? I have Percy's Dead Soft Aluminum Gaskets for the exhaust flange and they've worked very well. I might get their Dead Soft Aluminum collector gaskets. What are your recommendations? I do NOT have the ball and socket type collector.

When I first put my headers on I used the POS light colored paper ones that came with the collectors.
These almost immediately blew through.
I got new ones when I put my A/F sensor, and they were the dark grey ones with metal in the center between what looks like asbestos (like exhaust manifold gaskets) and have not had a problem with them at all.

They were about 10 bucks for the pair at Autozone.

Food for thought, if you never want to worry about a gasket again have a v band welded onto the collector and the exhaust and be done.

It's two flanges held by a single clamp, most turbo cars had then to connect the turbo to the exhaust system. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 294
Oh wow, that's gnarly. How is that compared to ball and socket type flanges?

Oh wow, that's gnarly. How is that compared to ball and socket type flanges?[/QUOTE

Far superior, on the first picture you basically slide the exhaust into the flange on the header which basically makes almost seamless set up, plus with only needing the one clamp you can position it anywhere and only have one bolt instead of some header or ball you have 2-3 bolt and sometimes not always in the best position. I had a set welded onto my hooker super comps just haven't put the rest of my exhaust system together. It's a awesome set up, lol my car will have these over standard flanges with gaskets.

aluminum or get two sets of paper ones and use copper rtv to "glue" them together and double them up.

Thanks for the recommendation Matts440! I'm definitely gonna get a set of those for my header collectors now. Great design!

Thanks for the recommendation Matts440! I'm definitely gonna get a set of those for my header collectors now. Great design!

I`ve had real good luck w/ any paper gasket. I coat both sides w/ copper rtv sillicone,let it dry overnight before install. of course I run very low restriction exhaust systems, never blown one!

-
Back