Best muscle era design year?

Best muscle era design year in Chrysler history? All body platforms considered. Choose 2 years.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 4 5.3%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 3 4.0%

Votes: 5 6.7%

Votes: 24 32.0%

Votes: 31 41.3%

Votes: 36 48.0%

Votes: 15 20.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
In 1980 I had a green/green 69 GTX 727 console, 3.54 Dana...wish I never traded it away. Love the video, thanks for the memory.
Mine a 4-speed. Not even close to numbers matching. But has period correct 440 and same Dana as yours. Bought for low $20k 3 years ago. Probably worth mid $30s today. Because of non numbers? Will never be the $60k+ range. But it was exactly what I was looking for. Without paying that "Purist" dollar stuff. Nice candidate for a performance upgrade if one so chooses.

But numbers matching vs money saving non numbers matching is a whole other subject matter.

1971 for best DESIGN year over the whole lineup

B-bodies are finally brought up to date in the looks dept: dashes, full door panels, hidden wipers, fastback-like rear, contoured flush type bumpers, ventless windows, etc. The 68-70’s were just dated except for Charger.

A-bodies: Duster and Demon. Best colors, duster grille, best options, best stripes, last year ralley gauges,

E-bodies: best stripes, shakers, rubber bumpers, best options,

C-bodies lot of carryover from 1970. Which had great fuselage design. And still had Fury GT.

Last edited:
When it's all about design, then 1971:

- best looking E-Bodies - the 1971 Cuda stands out
- best looking A-Bodies - the 1971 Duster 340 or the first Demon
- the 1971 Charger - sleek and aggressive...lower, wider, shorter than all Chargers before..
- the Rapid Transit System in full bloom...best showcars on the RTS caravan:

vintage35.jpg

007-bottom-end-2018-mcacn-1971-plymouth-rapid-transit-caravan-duster-340.jpg

I believe Chrysler had it all together in 1970. Their colors interiors and styles. So that's the year for me. The Challenger,Charger, Roadrunner, Duster,SuperBee.... They got them all pretty much spot on.

I'm a little bias as I fell in love with my first '68 Charger in 1970. I think it's one of the best designs for the muscle era, with the '69 Superbee right behind it. Mine is a 20 footer for sure but it draws people like flies. Someday I may get the paint done, when I find a reasonable price :rolleyes::rolleyes:, for now I'm good with it. I've owned many muscle cars from the big three over the years, and I know there is a lot of great designs from them, but this would be my choice from any of them.

Charger.jpg

68 charger 32.jpg

1967. A lot of changes, especially in the A-body lineup. For the other makes the introduction of the Cougar, Camaro, and Firebird. Big blocks all around in pony cars. First year of the Coronet R/T and GTX.

-
Back