Best or worst concert?

-
Best concert I've been too Since I've only been to a couple was Superchick at the Big Splash water park in Tulsa, OK

Hank Williams Rowdy Tour, about 1985. it was great. Front row seats. Jerry Lee Lewis opened, and was ok. Hank came on and stayed for almost 3 hours. Saw Jr. a second time, at Barton Colosium, in Little Rock, 1989. Tanya Tucker opened. Damn, she was hot, and both were great. Guess I got lucky. Hank had some bad times, but I didn't see those.The first concert I saw, was the Monkees in 1967, and the last was Ronnie Dunn a couple months ago. Can't say I ever saw a bad one.

The best by far for me was AC/DC, next was KISS when they reunited with the 4 original members.

The most terrifying, exhilarating and unforgettable show I ever saw was GG Allin at the Antenna in Memphis in the early 90s. GG was the epitome of shock rock. Alice Cooper was Captain Kangaroo in comparison. GG came out on stage stark naked, bashed himself over the head with a bottle of whiskey till he bled...**** on stage, threw the **** at the audience, almost got stabbed by a chick after he tried to sodomize her on stage...ahh the memories. He was a train wreck. Eventually OD'd. Of course.

Who is this clown? Looks like he is leaving the concert you went to!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btA0o9AI9RI"]GG Allin's last video footage of his life (13 minutes on the streets of New York City) DVLH - YouTube[/ame]

Best, Rush. but I LOVE rush.

Worst, I got dragged to country thunder once when i was trying to get into a girls pants... it was AWFUL.

Wildcard... I saw the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin experience... it was AMAZING.

Best, Rush. but I LOVE rush.

Worst, I got dragged to country thunder once when i was trying to get into a girls pants... it was AWFUL.

Wildcard... I saw the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin experience... it was AMAZING.

the music or what was in her pants?

I almost forgot, so dis-honorable mention for worst concert (a close runner-up to Greatful Dead) has to go to John Mellencamp. When I go to a concert I dont want to hear your political views.... just play what made you rich. I'm from Indiana same as he is but will not spend another dime on anything that has his name on it.

Some great ones I saw..

Smashing Pumpkins, PNE venue, Vancouver BC.
White Stripes, Orpheum, Vancouver BC.
Primus, Orpheum, Vancouver BC.
3 Inches Of Blood, at a fire hall, Nanaimo BC
System Of A Down with Gogyl Bordello opening, Vancouver BC.

Bad..

Queens Of The Stone Age, Victoria BC. The singer was wasted, and he tripped on a patch cord and fell into the drum set. He was embarressed and told the crowd to go f*ck themselves, then walked off stage. The rest of the band just shrugged and left.

Red Hot Chili Peppers years ago, you could just tell they didn't want to be there.

Some of the good ones I attended were in small venues around Detroit, Alvin Lee at the Royal Oak Music Theater, Humble Pie at a local bar (token lounge) for a Muscular Dystrophy benefit, Buddy Guy at the old Soup Kitchen Saloon in downtown Detroit,always good was Robin Trower at Harpos- open seating tables and chairs and always got up front! Johnny Winter at Chene Park amphitheater on the Detroit river, brother Edgar showed up for a couple songs. Loved the AC/DC's, Stones,Nugent,Rush, ZZ Top,Pink Floyd and all other rock concerts. One regret I will die with is turning down an offer from my bro-Cosgig to go see Johnny Cash in Ann Arbor at a 1500 or so seating venue, what was I thinking?? Never got to see him before he died and I love all his music! Havent really been to a bad one although when my old girlfriend wanted me to go to Rod Stewart might have been a bad choice, but I didnt go--whew. I guess one bad thing was at the Rolling Stones, they had Iggy Pop open then Santana but Iggy drew many boos and had stuff thrown up on stage the whole time he was up there.

Broman blu340 is forgetting about the first time we saw the Stones in 81. It was a general admission concert (back before all the deaths at the Who in Cinci), so we got there about 9:00am, skipping school. It was November 30th, ice cold rain all day, so we packed more than our share of anti-freeze to keep us warm. Well, it did just that, and blu340 ended up spending some time with the barrels lining the entrance. We had to sling both his arms over our shoulders to hold him up until he came to about an hour later with a big YEAHHHH!!! He never looked back and although it was general admission, we managed to get about 6 rows from the stage on main floor and saw the entire Stones performance from a great vantage point. Yep, Iggy sucked, Santana rocked, and Mick was so lost he thought they were in New Orleans!! To quote..."I'd like to thank you all for welcoming us to the Superdome...I mean the Silverdome!!!LOL!! Good times fer shur!! Geof

I will have to back you up pn the black crows.No new music no enthusiasm we left half way thru.I forgot to mention my wife of 39 years saw the Beatles in 1964.Pretty cool I think,Kevin.

Friday night I went to see Southern Culture On The Skids (SCOTS) at what appeared to be about a 300 cap bar. They sounded just like the record, and rocked pretty good. Near the end, they invited about 15 audience members on stage, and threw fried chicken into the audience. They are kinda hard to describe, but I call them CCR meets B52's.

Opening act, the Wooly Bushmen, had all vintage equipment including what ever type of electric piano was used in the song "96 Tears". Not bad and very tight.

Once we got there, I remembered the venue as the place I saw Marilyn Manson at about 1989.

+1 for FEAR. saw them about 1992. Sitting at the bar (about 3000 cap) drinking with a buddy before the show, and Lee Ving walks in through the front door. No one but us two noticed. Shook his hand and said I was lookin forward to the show.

I will have to back you up pn the black crows.No new music no enthusiasm we left half way thru.I forgot to mention my wife of 39 years saw the Beatles in 1964.Pretty cool I think,Kevin.
now thats cool, my parents saw Elvis.

Best show was AC/DC. The fans went nutz and the seat cushions were being ripped off there chairs,thrown around like frezz-be's. Smokin and drinkin and out right whoopin in it up like there was no tomorrow, all or nothing tonight! And the crowd went for it.

Other noteables were;

Ozzy
Queensryche
Jimmy Page and the Outrider run
Robert Plant was a big surprise. Worth every cent.
And KISS, OMG KISS kicks ***. I couldn't believe how excellent the show was.

WORST? Areosmith. The band stood there like dressed Mannequins. Steven T can not be a one man show. He wasn't that entertaining either. They sucked so bad, I through out there albums. Never regretted it either.
right on rumble,steve t is a little b....

almost forgot blue oyster cult and ronnie montroses gamma, about 4 new years eves in arow. also y and t on new years and atmy high school at lunch the drummer lenord hayes went there....:finga:eek:h yes frank marino at dayon the green before he quit.nobody plays johnny be good as cool as frank and his sg

Best: Elton John - At the time he was promoting the recently released Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album. The guy was a showman.

Worst: Bloodrock - D.O.A. That was the name of their hit and the future of the group.

Interesting: Linda Ronstadt - Just release Long, Long Time. Backing band on this outdoor gig went on to become the Eagles (later saw them, too. Excellent musicians). Beautiful, powerful voice. Timid on stage.

Jethro Tull - Great show. Pot fumes so thick, the filters in the 15,000 seat coliseum had to be changed out before the facility could be used again by the general public. Inhale? Couldn't be helped.

Elvis Presley - Nice man, incredibly varied material, did 2 shows that day.

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Best collection of musicians I've seen. Mid-way through a set, everyone swapped instruments with a band mate. They didn't miss a beat.

Rolling Stones - Show was so-so by their standards. People camped out overnight to buy tickets. Sold out all 6500 seats in 23 minutes.

Seriously bitchin thread!Gotta go Nugent.Skynrd to open.Dickie Betts had gallstones,before the show. The Nuge played 4 non stop hours of rock,straight.Not my favorite artist,but one hell of a showman.

When I go to a concert I dont want to hear your political views.... just play what made you rich. I'm from Indiana same as he is but will not spend another dime on anything that has his name on it.

I'm with you...I remember buying one of Boston's later albums (their first album was amazing, the rest, not so much)...when I opened it, they thanked me for buying it and told me they were donating part of the money to some gun control organization. I took the CD/case to the range and used it for a target. Pfffftttt!

They were bad and I asked my buddy if these guys were for real or was it a joke.

I always thought they were a joke, until we ran into them at a bar in between sets and saw that the stage El Duce was the same as the offstage El Duce - shock rock was kinda funny when it was an act...in real life, pretty disgusting.

That's the dude. Supposedly he said he would kill himself on stage. I heard he was going to soon after the show in Memphis but he was thrown in jail and couldn't pull off the greatest act in shock rock history. I think this story could also be repeated in the "Craziest thing....seen in public thread".

-
Back