Best quality quarter panel(1971 demon)

-

Mopar204

Reaction score
Let’s start this off with last fall when I was heading to work and some young kid, that was clearly not paying attention rear ended my car Creasing the rear bumper that was oem. His car was so low and my rear end being higher, he ended up going under the car and damaging the left quarter panel. I noticed half the quarter was bondo and it had cracked pretty good. Brought the car in today for an estimate and they said they probably won’t cover a new quarter. I figured since they have to patch it back up and paint it, I might as well just get them to weld in a panel and that way it won’t cost as much as me getting it done and I’ll actually have some metal behind the quarter instead of 1/4 thick bondo. I have heard AMD has the best quality/price for panels but can’t find 1970-1971 duster/demon quarters. Was there any other companies you guys recommend for panels and a bumper.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/hippo204/p/a512a1ec-a6d7-46cc-a07c-9d8ffd99b079

Let’s start this off with last fall when I was heading to work and some young kid, that was clearly not paying attention rear ended my car Creasing the rear bumper that was oem. His car was so low and my rear end being higher, he ended up going under the car and damaging the left quarter panel. I noticed half the quarter was bondo and it had cracked pretty good. Brought the car in today for an estimate and they said they probably won’t cover a new quarter. I figured since they have to patch it back up and paint it, I might as well just get them to weld in a panel and that way it won’t cost as much as me getting it done and I’ll actually have some metal behind the quarter instead of 1/4 thick bondo. I have heard AMD has the best quality/price for panels but can’t find 1970-1971 duster/demon quarters. Was there any other companies you guys recommend for panels and a bumper.
6E74B881_E7F6_44AF_B08A_019DC80D2339_IMG_2539.HEIC
Your Photobucket link doesn't work for me. Maybe you need to register and become a member? Upload photos directly to this site with the upload photo button in the lower right.

AMD is probably the best if they have them. I heard lately they ceased production on many of the Mopar applications. Autobody Specialties has a lot of sheet metal listed. It looks like AMD. http://autobodyspecialt.com/plymouth/duster/1970-1976/

Classic Industries show partial panels for both sides but doesn't verify who the vendor is. Goodmark shows both but they're listed at $671 each. Ouch!

Classic Industries show partial panels for both sides but doesn't verify who the vendor is.
Most of the time all you need is a patch. Lower quarter, trunk drops, and wheel arch.

20170714_103233.jpg

20170829_135114.jpg

That sucks an inattentive driver got you.

If the damaged quarter panel had a lot of bondo on it prior to the accident, I’d be wondering how much bondo is on the rest of the car? Paying a premium for the best fitting panel might be a moot point if the rest of the car is going to start showing its history over the next few years. Would you consider exploring how much bondo is on the rest of the car when it’s in the shop getting the fender bender damage replaced?

That really hurts to have a Demon damaged like that. Feel for you,
I got AMD quarters for my 71 Demon last fall. They were used for patches as neither side needed quarters replaced. I can vouch that the quality/feature lines were good on them so if you can find them, I believe it would be worth your $$. If I find any, I'll let you know.

That really hurts to have a Demon damaged like that. Feel for you,
I got AMD quarters for my 71 Demon last fall. They were used for patches as neither side needed quarters replaced. I can vouch that the quality/feature lines were good on them so if you can find them, I believe it would be worth your $$. If I find any, I'll let you know.
AMD PN's for 70-71 Duster, 700-1370-L and 700-1370-R Check Summitt Racing.

Might be listed under duster...same quarters. Its the front end that was different (and tail panel of course).

I bought the last 71 quarter from AMD months ago. I just bought another shipment and had to get 72 quarters . We will weld in the marker recesses from the 71.

70/71 Duster/71 Demon quarters are no longer available from AMD.

AMD has the 72-up quarters and you'll have to reuse your original side marker metal.

They are well done, but they are far from perfect. I used their 71 on the drivers side, then a 72 on the passenger side. I shaved the side markers on both anyways.

I do appreciate all of the comments and recommendations. I know both quarters have quite a bit of bondo on them and i’m going to go through with replacing the panel. The rest of the car other than quarters I’m happy with so if I can get one panel mostly covered under the claim I’m going to try. And if AMD carries 72 panel I might just go with that and modify.

-
Back