Best shifter to use with bucket seats?

-

Clayton haske

Reaction score
I have a dart swinger that I'm putting bucket seats into, what's the best Hurst shifter to use for this application? I don't think a bench seat shifter is needed, plus, it has such a long throw to shift, and I don't want to be punching my dash, lol. Thanks for any help, Clayton.

I use a hurst competition plus.
stuff 001.jpg

FWIW, An inline will have a short throw but they will likely cause you to modify the tunnel top.

MrGasVgate.jpg

Its all personal preference
I personally like the longer hurst shifter although its in my split bench demon i think it would work well with buckets. Super comfortable to shift

IMG_1386.JPG

1. What makes the HURST competition PLUS shifter different then the factory HURST shifter ?
2. What length shifter handle did you choose so you are not leaning forward to reach shifter ?
3. Do you use factory linkage ?
Thanks

1. What makes the HURST competition PLUS shifter different then the factory HURST shifter ?
2. What length shifter handle did you choose so you are not leaning forward to reach shifter ?
3. Do you use factory linkage ?
Thanks
My new shifter is 12 inches long the stock one that came with the car was 15 inches the shorter the shifter the closer the shift ratio .

-
Back