Best small block header gaskets

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
If there is such a thing? What is the best sealing header gasket for stock port small block 340? Please let me know what you think.
Matt

the grey mr gasket ultra seals and use the stage 8 locking fastners after retightening them for about a week of driving it then install the lock clips,I been driving the wheels off my duster for over a year now with no pesky leaks!

Using the Remflex gaskets,tried Percys aluminums and Fel Pros and they didnt last long.They are not good for reusing,if you plan on taking them on and off
for any reason i would pass on them,second time off they were junk.My headers are old and distorted you may have better luck with the others with a good set of headers.

Mr. Gasket Ultra Seals are what I use. Never heard of the Remflex units.

Thanks for the replies guys! I will give them a try. Its a hard thing to overcome leaky headers, so I hope a good gasket does the trick.
matt

I have Mr.Gasket copper ones on my 340,they,ve been on and off a couple times in the last 3 years.Never had a leak once.I recommend them for long lasting seal.

Remflex. No more header leaks. I had problems with leaks with Percy's, Mr. Gasket Ultra Seals, Copper ones and Felpro.

Fred B

Wake up old post.Is there any new SB header gaskets out there.whats your choice now boysssssssssss.

I have had great luck with Remflex too. Not sure why someone would call them **** without further explanation.

Cley

The ones that came with my TTI headers have held up great. Had to replace one in 15 years, weekend driver. I ordered a set from them when that happened.

I had a badly leaking header on my last 340. Went with Percy's Seal 4 Good and never had a leak since.

Had the remflex. They leaked. Sent me another set (two different part numbers/one is specifically for edelbrock heads)still leaked from the outside ports. The remflex gaskets stick to the headers and have to be scraped off anyway. D453's Edelbrock heads
7160075_ptx_81878_pri_larg.jpg

So far so good.
F45D7308-35F4-4AFD-92C9-82D8769D44CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,

IMO the #1 factor is the surfaces on both the head and header. I chose the Percy MLS setup myself. No issues so far but with limited running of the car maybe 400 miles. They are reusable. These are very stout to say the least. The X/RHS haeds have a VG area to mate to.

FYI,

Marion

-
Back