best stereo

-
Boy, you're gonna get a lot of different opinions on this one. Have you ever checked out Crutchfield? I've had Clarions, Sony's, Kenwoods, Blaupunkt, and probably a couple others. I'm not real big into it so I really couldnt tell you which one was "better." When i was in high school MTX was the ****. I dont know what I'd buy now though.

I used to have Pioneer for year's and tried Kenwood for a couple and wasn't really satisfied,then I ended up with Alpine for a bunch of years now and have been happy with them. As far as the amps are concerned,I also used to run Rockford Fosgate in my trucks and switched to JL Audio amps. I still have a Rockford in the car yet and it still works good.

John

I think Alpine makes the best head units. Amps, you get what you pay for. Your best bet is go to several stereo shops and decide what sounds good to you. Then buy it off of Crutchfield. Free shipping, no sales tax, and they include excellent instructions and installation kits too!!

Head units, I've had good experience with Blaupunkt, Clarion, and Pioneer. Amps, JL is great, as is Boston. As far as the subs, that's up to you, but good enclosure design/construction is really the key to getting the best performance out of your system.

Crutchfield is a great resource. Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood and JVC...they are all good brands for head units. I stay away from Sony or dual. Pioneers used to be good, but the last few years I haven't seen anything very impressive. As for amps...Phoenix Golds used to be where it is at, but they were sold and have gone down hill. This is where you get what you pay for. If you are looking, pay more attention to RMS and not max. Subs are JL, MTX or Alpine type R's. If you can find some PPI flat cones, they are old, but they are some of the best speakers ever made. Again, Rms is more important than max output. You want to get amps that match as close as possible to subs so if a sub has 300 rms, find an amp that has 300 rms. MB quart make some good mid ranges. Again do your research. Go into a car store and listen, find out what you like ask a ton of questions

i just got my system worked out, at the most reputable shop in town, im getting just a cheap setup. its going to cost $850, and i was told it'll pound country pretty good for a cheap sound system. so i'll tell you guys when i get all my stuff figured out

i have always liked alpine and have on in the duster. i also put the infinit speaker combo in duster that has two tweeters and two 6" speakers with a crossover device.

An engineering friend who is trying to get into the audio field says infinit makes some of the best quality speakers around.

the deck im getting is the 2010 clarion, i'm getting a soundstream 450 watt amp, a soundstream 10" sub, in a generic box, 2 6" clarion speakers and all the wiring..

8 track with some 6x9s hidden under the package tray, no am or small amp and an 8 track of Zeppelin, Floyd, zztop and stephenwolf!

haha, im good on that one Ross... this system is going into my 76 f 150 supercab.. should be a nice little cruiser when its all finished

I put about $10,000 worth of stereo into my Magnum (got a smokin' deal at $7,000 if you can believe that!)...

Kenwood DNX9140 is the best head unit I was able to find as of last September in terms of features. The only thing it lacks is internal storage (hard drive), which for me isn't a big deal b/c it has a USB port and an iPod connector so between the two of those devices, I can't see a need to store anything on the head unit. Sirius, back-up cam, the whole 9.

Whole car is Dynamatted, IMHO you shouldn't waste money without taking this step first.

Focal amplifiers, Focal 3-way components for a front stage, Focal composites for the rear stage.

Image Dynamics sub, 12", dual 4-ohm voice coils.

Lotsa fiberglass and wood, Stinger wires, misc. adapter modules, LED lighting, etc.

The sound is absolutely crystal clear up to the point that you just can't stand the volume any more. But there's a downside - all your sources will start to sound like junk. Sirius used to sound as good as a CD on the stock system, but now that you can hear the difference, Sirius sounds like dookie compared to a high quality MP3 or a CD. So be warned, you may not like it as much as you want to.

to be honest.... umm id either go with Memphis audio or kenwood. but there pricey. i have had 4 15'' Memphis power reference subs in my alero and i got pulled over too many times there really loud. good sound quality 2 i plan to put 4 12'' power references in the dart where the back seat goes. building a box. kicker makes sum good stuff 2

Ive had good luck with pioneer and kenwood stuff. Ive been running a 90$ kenwood head unit in my one car its got the aux imput and a cd player. it works great for the price and does everything i need it to. I know this is a bit like comapairing a granny smith apple to a gala apple but i got a set of 4 polk audio speakers for my surround sound and they are quality peices and sound amazing.

i honestly stick away from any of the brands that the packaging or ads or anything seems like its geared towards young adults. call me crazy but inexperienced people are easy to rip off.

Also id do the work myself, its stupid easy to wire stereos and subs and amps and you know its done the proper way AND you save some cash.

anyway good luck.

Well Mike,when I'm drivin my car I just listen to my car.:-DTook out the stereo that came with it and sold it.8)

-
Back