Best street tires?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
What are the overall best tires for street use and an occasional pass down the strip? Obviously slicks are the best for the track but what street tire would hook up the best? Right now I have cooper cobras on my duster and will be getting new tires in the spring. I currently have 195-70-14 on the front and 215-70-14 on the rear. I am looking into getting 15's for the rear and a wider tire, I was thinking about 245-60-15's for the rear. BF Goodrich pooped into my mind first since they seem the most common. Any opinions on them? Thanks

Don't waste your money on BF Banana skins (I call them that for a reason) unless ya like spinning for the first 60.:angry7:
I like the T/A's for the street tho.

Duster 4 I hope you meant poped and not pooped:toothy10:

Terry

I use BFGoodrich Drag Radial T/A's.They are basically a slick in the middle of the tire and a radial on the outer edge.Street legal and they hook up ,unless your running 450HP or more.275x60x15's are around $150.00 each if I remember right.I ordered mine from Summit Racing believe it or not shipping was real reasonable. Jim

If you are only using the car for cruising, by all means go with drag radials. I have the M/T radials and can't say enough good about them. 2 seasons on them, and they still look good, but don't do hard burtnouts with them either.

Don't waste your money on BF Banana skins (I call them that for a reason) unless ya like spinning for the first 60.:angry7:
I like the T/A's for the street tho.

Duster 4 I hope you meant poped and not pooped:toothy10:

Terry

Good eye, I meant poped lol Right now I have cooper cobras and the few passes I made had a great launch. No real traction issues. I didn't want to purchase another set because they just don't seem to last long. My fronts are actually worse then the rears. Can the drag radials be had with the raised white letters? Thanks for all the feedback.

Pooped, Poped........POPPED!!! Thats it. If they ever have a Can-Am spelling bee....don't enter gentlemen.
I run Firestone Indy 500's on the Dart. They hook up great on the street. Whew, I'm pooped.

Your best bet is to get another set or rims and mount a set of drag radials on them,for the occassional track use..no street tire is any good at the track,as far as drag radials stay away from bfg's i found them to be totally useless,m/t's hook up everytime...

dammit, I meant popped lol ](*,)

Purchasing a set of drag radials is definetly something to think about. I still have the 14-inch steelies that were on my duster when I bought it. Maybe this spring :-D

Thanks again.

They deal used to be McClearys some time back, but, now, I see alot of Mickey Thompsons out there. They also have a BFG like drag radial that is stupid sticky. Freakin thing is like a melting gummy bear after a min or 2 on the road.

A friend of mine's turbo Camaro.. "Went 8.46 @ 171.2 last night in Noble" as of Nov 1.... here is an older video and yes on M/T streets!

VIDEO

Another vote for Mickey Thompson's. I'm going to put these on as soon as my budget allows.

4691.jpg

I run Mickey Thompson ET streets I drive it quite a bit and also take it to the track. They hook really hard.

-
Back