Best V8 Leaf Springs??

-

Duster Fan

Reaction score
Ok,

I'm putting a 360 in my '75 Duster, which is currently a Slant Six car.

So, basicly I'm looking for the best place to purchase/find the correct leaf springs for my car, and all the hardware I'll need to put them in.

Many thanks in advance.

Best leaf springs for what? Drag racin? Jumpin ditches? Street car? Autocross racin? Throw us a bone.

Duh lol, sorry about that, just a street car/daily driver. I don't plan on putting it on the track, or treating it roughly.

Thogh your on the left coast, a bit far, I picked up my springs from ESPO.com
You can get them with an inch or 2 overbend if you want.

805, I think the "V8" spring is to stiffen up the ride a little bit.

Thogh your on the left coast, a bit far, I picked up my springs from ESPO.com
You can get them with an inch or 2 overbend if you want.

805, I think the "V8" spring is to stiffen up the ride a little bit.

Unfourtunately they don't have "Duster" in their model selection menu.

Any other sites?

Look under "A" body cars.

EDIT, Thanks 805.

Suggest McVeigh Spring. If you go too stiff with the rear springs, the car will be more inclined to understeer (read: plow, tight [in NASCAR parlance]. McVeigh makes a 5 leaf spring that I've used on my 73 Dart street car. No worries.

and a really smart women on the phone. Do not be fooled! She is on the ball.

and a really smart women on the phone. Do not be fooled! She is on the ball.

your not kidding. that lady at espo remembered my order 5 hours after i called. went right down the list of stuff i ordered. told me about the eye bolt being different sizes for a slant and a v8 car. impressive .

I used the 340 XHD replacement springs. Assymetrical leaf placement to resist torque lift. While they have worked real well for me in street usage, using them will give you at least stock ride height on the stock hangers, so if you plan on lowering the car much aftermarket springs might be a better solution.

I can't say about current availability (as they say "your results may vari") because I got them from my local dealer before Obama took over CryCo and forced him to give up his franchise. He was known to donate heavily to the Republicans, but then we all know politics could NEVER have had anything to do with forcing the largest volume dealer in the state out of business.

I got mine from ESPO too. If you have a choice between 5 and 6 leaf get the 6's
My car was in storage when I ordered mine so I didn't know which ones I had. I ordered 5 leaf and had 6 leaf. After 5 years they have settled a bit. I will replace them with 6 leafs.

No Santa Claus is a better idea cause he bring stuff fo free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, continue to shop around. Why not right? Just because the lot of us shopped there....dont mean nothin right? Maybe save on shipping? IDK.

Another idea is your local MP dealer. MP has springs as well. Try a price war with them and see if they come down! Now that can't hurt!

You're right there Rumble. The price of freight nowdays (especially a set of springs) could cost a fortune. There's a good chance a local Mopar dealer could put a pair of springs on a stock order and not charge freight.

Something no one's mentioned....have you thought about having your current springs rearched at a different rate? If you can find someone who does it....that's the hard part. It's almost a lost art. I learned how to do it when I was about 14. I did several sets when I worked for the local Chevrolet dealer. First set I did there the service manager thought I'd lost my mind and didn't know anything. He changed his mind when I was done.

Good idea Stroker. Make sure you use ear protection! Are your ears still ringing?
LOL

-
Back