Best way to raise height of Hurst Shifter in 64 Valiant

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
Need help again please. Have a 64 Valiant that is a drag car being set up more street friendly and drag days. The original owner was using racing seats but for the sale removed the racing seats and included some real nice period correct seats in mint condition. I really like them.

For the time being, I would like to use the seats for street driving. Get an optional set of racing seats once I am comfortable bringing this to a strip.

The problem I have is the original street seats are much wider than the racing seats and the Hurst Quarter Stick shifter hits the seat. I can only get into first gear and I am stuck there. Even with the seat reclined to its furthest position. I can't move it back any further due to the roll bar. I need to relocate the shifter.

I can't move the shifter forward as it is uncomfortable to reach as is moving it further to the passenger side.

The only other option I have is to raise it. I don't see hurst offering any such product like a base and I was wondering if anyone here had pictures of some ideas of raised shifters or know a third party that sells something I could use? Pictures of options would really help. My neighbour is a metal fabricator who is willing to help but is not a car guy and wanted to see some examples of what I wanted.

Here are some pics with seat in and out. Not very good pics but all I have at the moment.

Thanks guys.

image_zps6786f821.jpg

image_zpsa70f938b.jpg

image_zpsc273733d.jpg

shifter_zpscf751b4a.jpeg

can't you just make a spacer to mover the shifter up a couple inches or however high you want it? I custom made a mount for a B&M star shifter in my Willys that put it 16" off the floor so when I was wheeling and at some screwy angle, it was still right there.....

-
Back