best way to repair this?

-

'70-Challenger

Reaction score
okay so is this worth working on, or should i just replace it?
DSCN6417.jpg

and this too
DSCN6435.jpg

Since it's a 4door, looks like a parts car to me.....

Looks like a new quarter, outer wheelhouse, inner/outer rocker panel. That's with paint on it........wait til you take off the paint and crud. The A-pillar/windshield surround is probably gonna be swiss cheese when the paint comes off

I didn't want to say that but I feel the same way. Evaluate the total rust throughout the car.

It may not be worth fixing. Drive as is or part it out if it's not a driver.

if you have the skill and equipment to repair it, you are the man! I have no body work skills so, for me, I wouldn't be able to do it. lol...but it CAN be repaired, yes...I have seen some miracle body work, and what some people are able to fix. :)

Wasn't trying to be a D*ck. Just giving you a heads up......anything is fixable. If you can find the replacement panels, rock it.

Go to Hobby Lobby or an art supply store and get some large water color paper to make templates of the panels you need to make. Cut them to size and transfer them on to the sheet metal. You can get the sheet metal from an auto body paint supply or through J.C. Whitney. If you are new to body work, read up on the subject or talk to some people who know what they are doing. Your car needs major surgery, but don't let that scare you off. You've got to start somewhere. You will have to cut ALL that rust out and weld or glue (yes I said glue) the panels in place. You will have to get some basic tools for body work and just by trial and error make it all work. Once you get a feel for what you are doing, your work will improve as you go. I'm really not a professional body man, but I have a few tools and do all my own fabrication work. I'm not the best, but I can do work that is satisfactory to my own needs. Roll up your sleeves (or roll them down if you're going to weld) and get at it with confidence!! The panels pictured here were not hard to make, you can do this!!

rh trunk ext mock up sm.jpg

trunk ext under car.jpg

trunk ext comparison.jpg

rh quarter mock up 2.jpg

Go to Hobby Lobby or an art supply store and get some large water color paper to make templates of the panels you need to make. Cut them to size and transfer them on to the sheet metal. You can get the sheet metal from an auto body paint supply or through J.C. Whitney. If you are new to body work, read up on the subject or talk to some people who know what they are doing. Your car needs major surgery, but don't let that scare you off. You've got to start somewhere. You will have to cut ALL that rust out and weld or glue (yes I said glue) the panels in place. You will have to get some basic tools for body work and just by trial and error make it all work. Once you get a feel for what you are doing, your work will improve as you go. I'm really not a professional body man, but I have a few tools and do all my own fabrication work. I'm not the best, but I can do work that is satisfactory to my own needs. Roll up your sleeves (or roll them down if you're going to weld) and get at it with confidence!! The panels pictured here were not hard to make, you can do this!!
now there's an awesome reply. haha.

Buy a quarter panel skin and use the leftover metal to fix the A piller. Looks like the windshield is cracked so it has to come out anyway so be prepaired to find more rot. I hope you have a welder or know someone who has one. Good luck

-
Back