Bet this ran like crap

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
A buddy gave me an Edelbrock 750 Electric choke (just what I was looking for to replace the 600 I have now)
Looks like it might have had an idle mixture/transition issue.:D
You can see it was run like this.

IMG_0908.JPG

:eek: What caused that? Casting porosity, and a chunk fell out?
Or maybe a gorilla overtightened the needle screw?

Good question.
I'm thinking porosity, but later today I'm going to give the idle screw a good inspection and see if the gorilla theory holds water.:D
I was getting ready to open it up and check everything since it was apparently "Just rebuilt", but when I saw that I just set it off to the side because I was a little disgusted.

I also wondered who's motor that chunk went through.

.............eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh............

I wonder if that carb left a real bad taste in someone's mouth with eddy's........

Now I'm fairly sure the idle mixture screw was tightened way to much and pushed that piece out. (Picture below)

do you think epoxy would hold there?

I'm pretty good with things like that, but in this case I really don't see trying to rebuild the mixture screw seat and transition slot.
Thought about it though.:D

I wonder if that carb left a real bad taste in someone's mouth with eddy's........

This same thought crossed my mind.:D

Send it back to Edelbrock and say, "What the hell?" Who knows; they might send you another one.

This also crossed my mind, but after seeing the screw damage it would be pretty obvious what caused it.

Not too good of a pic, but you can still see the grooves from over tightening the crap out of it.

IMG_0914.JPG

Hey I have a 750 Eldebrock that some one removed the choke and related parts. Maybe you can make one out of the two of them?

Let me think on that for a bit Roy.
What would you need for it.
I appreciate the offer in any case.

Yours for the cost of shipping. But it will be a while before I'm home. Hunting season.

No worries, like I said let me think on it for a bit.
Very generous of you to offer.

I need to talk to the guy that gave it to me, as he had a hint of loan in his voice and I want to make sure I don't go through all this just for him to want it back at some point.
I like things to be nice and clear, so if I go this route he isn't ever getting it back.:D

-
Back