bet yall aint seen this before

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
well i finally accomplised my goal with my fifth avenue, now i just gotta make it so i can do it better:cheers:

5thave045.jpg

That pose reminds me of Pixars Cars fo some reason. Have fun

Can't say that I have, Can you make the rear tire do that ?
I was thinking about a dog hiking his leg :toothy10: Looks like fun :cheers:

Tooooo cool !! Not my thing ... but im old lol. It looks like fun and I bet it took a lot of time and lot of thinking. I would rather see young folks doing something constructive than out doing destructive things. plus you gave a 5th Ave new life. Good work!!

Glad to see someone is going against the grain.Do your own thing and be happy.

what are you on
nothing actually, i guess i like something you dont, deal with it:thebirdm:

Can't say that I have, Can you make the rear tire do that ?
I was thinking about a dog hiking his leg :toothy10: Looks like fun :cheers:
nope, cant dog leg it, dont want to, its just not cool, and ya it is fun:-D

I don't get it....
do some research:read2:

Man you have her dancin'! Do you have air or hydraulics on her?
hydros, bags are for ****:bootysha:
Don't hate the playa!! His pimp ride's da bomb! All his homies in the sticks of WI think so.
everyone up here loves it, i get looks everywhere i go. and theres a few other people up here that have cars like this, but they aint mopars

to each their own but the only jumping car i dig is the general lee.
mine dont "jump"
Tooooo cool !! Not my thing ... but im old lol. It looks like fun and I bet it took a lot of time and lot of thinking. I would rather see young folks doing something constructive than out doing destructive things. plus you gave a 5th Ave new life. Good work!!

thanks, ya its takin a lot of time, and money, but i love it, so its been well worth the headaches its givin me to get where i have, and to where i want to have it

Not really! It's fine with me what he is doing, I guess? It's just not my thing.
The good thing is he's into Mopars! Not rice burner's.
mopar or no car

Glad to see someone is going against the grain.Do your own thing and be happy.
thanks, i get a lot of hate for it (as you can see), but a lot from the lowrider crowed to cuz its not a full framed chevy, but im not a chevy guy, and love lowriders, so i put the two together:-D

Wow,That's different!
Hey spikekid999, I'm kinda old and not real hip to the bag vs hydro but, From what I've seen at the hydrolic shop, the ones with the hydros are heavier due to weight of batteries, pumps, hoses, and kinda messey with the fluids from all the usual leaks. Not to mention the battery acids splash?
I know you said bags were for ****, LOL!! But is the pnuematic system cleaner, lighter, and have quicker recovery? Does it have faster responce at the controls & smoother ride?? Just wondering, like I said, I've never plumbed one of my own. Please advise. Thanks & cool ride!

Wow,That's different!
Hey spikekid999, I'm kinda old and not real hip to the bag vs hydro but, From what I've seen at the hydrolic shop, the ones with the hydros are heavier due to weight of batteries, pumps, hoses, and kinda messey with the fluids from all the usual leaks. Not to mention the battery acids splash?
I know you said bags were for ****, LOL!! But is the pnuematic system cleaner, lighter, and have quicker recovery? Does it have faster responce at the controls & smoother ride?? Just wondering, like I said, I've never plumbed one of my own. Please advise. Thanks & cool ride!

from what I've seen their hydraulic rams so I'd say the ride must suck. bags is the way to go if you want a nice, ride and tunable suspension. spikekid I hope you braced your mounting points. theres a reason people use frame cars for that.

Wow,That's different!

thanks. ya the airbag setups are lighter, and maybe cleaner (depends how good you are at doing your setup, ill post mine in a lil bit.ive seen bag setups that look like total crap). but the hydros are faster, but there are bag setups that can be done and be just as fast as hydros. i personally like hydros, cuz ive been around em more, and you can drive around hittin the switches as long as you want, where as bags you gotta wait for the tank to fill up. and there are ways to get a car with hydros to ride better then a caddy. you can get softer springs, and accumalators (spell check), they got a bladder in it filled with 250-300 psi of nitrogen, and when you lift the car, the fluid will push on that bladder, and everytime you hit a bump in the road, the bladder will abosorb it and make the cylinder act as a shock. i got these for the front of my car since i dont have any springs in the front and love how it rides, gotta save up to get em for the rear now.

from what I've seen their hydraulic rams so I'd say the ride must suck. bags is the way to go if you want a nice, ride and tunable suspension. spikekid I hope you braced your mounting points. theres a reason people use frame cars for that.

ya i did all kinds of reinforments on this car when doint the setup. ive added frame connectors, a bridge made from 1/4" steel for above the rear axle for the cylinders/springs to rest on so they dont go through the trunk floor, and i reinforced the front shock towers.

This is another thread where if you don't like it don't look. Instead of insulting something he likes just don't say anything. I think it's kinda neat not something I would do but I won't knock what you like. Keep up the good work and have fun with it.

"hydros, bags are for ****"

Hydraulics belong on garbage trucks and dump trucks :bootysha: Airbags are a better set up in a smaller package.:toothy10:

Some of the most fun I had back in high school was driving around in my buddies 64 SS with 14 batteries in the trunk going around corners at 40mph on 3 wheels.

Spikekid, I don't know how you got into that stuff( you are a
little to far north and east for that stuff). But thanks.
No, I have never seen a Mopar doing that!

That's a great job. I am not into it myself, but I admire anyone who takes their car to that level themselves. I am not into racing - but I admire those folks who take their cars...
I am sure that with the knowledge you gained in that project that you could already put some old hands here to shame when it comes to wrenching. Stay on the cutting edge, kid.
C

-
Back