beware counterfeit speed parts

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Just got the new issue of hotrod magazine today. They had an article about cheap chinese crap counterfeit speed parts. I urge all of you to get a copy and read it if just for that article. These parts are not similar to the original items, they are blatant ripoffs with inferior technology. Some of the copycat parts are the MSD 6AL spark box, autometer monster tach with shiftlight, aeromotive fuel regulators,k&n filters, ARP bolts, and the list goes on and on. They show you the ways to spot the fakes. These people even go so far as to copy the packaging and lables.

Can you imagine using a set of rod bolts you think are ARP brand on your new stroker only to have the bolts let go and window your block at the track, or worse than that window the block, and coat your rear tires with oil at speed . The results could be disasterous

Its a buyer beware market out there, if the price is too good to be true, and the seller is out of asia with millions more of the same item on evilbay or other selling sites then it probably is chinese made junk, this hurts american jobs making the real speed parts.

This has been a public service announcement.
Matt

no offense but i understand trying to get stuff cheap but buying thru summit is a great deal and you know what your getting, same with your local shop, but they are usually expensive compared

no offense but i understand trying to get stuff cheap but buying thru summit is a great deal and you know what your getting, same with your local shop, but they are usually expensive compared

The point im trying to make is these chinese companies are making blatant counterfeit copies right down to the logo marks and box art. Trying to pass it off as the genuine article.

Would you be pissed off if somehow you ended up.with a fake $100 bill. Pretty much worthless isnt it?

What if you payed a large amount of your hard earned cash for what you thought was a genuine autometer tach, that turned out to be a crappy chinese made copy?i know id be pissed off.

Or how about inferior roller rockers sold as the genuine name brand article.how about a rocker arm failure,.or rod bolt failure at 6,500 RPM f##king up your engine.

I work in the aviation industry, we have had to tighten up on inventory, and parts vendors because of S.U.P. (suspected unapproved parts) that get into the parts supply chain. This is a disease from china, and its not just speed parts.

Be careful who your buying from. Jegs or summit thru ebay prob super safe, but even they can get stuff snuck into their parts supply chain ruining their reputations too.

The point im trying to make is these chinese companies are making blatant counterfeit copies right down to the logo.

Hey, you're preachin' to the choir, LOL

The problem is, it's not all that obvious, 'specially "if you've never seen" the part you are buying against a known good one!!!!

I posted in the other thread about my fake Canon charger I received. From the eBay seller feedback, the photos of the thing, I could not tell it was fake. Only reason I tore it open was it RATTLED.

And.......I didn't buy this through B&H at the time, because they were backordered from Canon.

And on top of that, had tried an aftermarket charger from Adorama, and the damn thing charged the enclosed battery exactly once before it exploded. Adorama lost all my business after that--- I expect suppliers to be a sort of buffer as to junk or quality.

I wonder how many local speed shops get these bogus parts on eBay & sell them at full price...

I wonder how many local speed shops get these bogus parts on eBay & sell them at full price...

I think you`d all be surprised to find out how much stuff is made over there.
ever get a line lock from either of the american superstores and find it has metric bolts and nuts-think about it.--just sayin-----bob:bs:

Just got the new issue of hotrod magazine today. They had an article about cheap chinese crap counterfeit speed parts. I urge all of you to get a copy and read it if just for that article. These parts are not similar to the original items, they are blatant ripoffs with inferior technology. Some of the copycat parts are the MSD 6AL spark box, autometer monster tach with shiftlight, aeromotive fuel regulators,k&n filters, ARP bolts, and the list goes on and on. They show you the ways to spot the fakes. These people even go so far as to copy the packaging and lables.

Can you imagine using a set of rod bolts you think are ARP brand on your new stroker only to have the bolts let go and window your block at the track, or worse than that window the block, and coat your rear tires with oil at speed . The results could be disasterous

Its a buyer beware market out there, if the price is too good to be true, and the seller is out of asia with millions more of the same item on evilbay or other selling sites then it probably is chinese made junk, this hurts american jobs making the real speed parts.

This has been a public service announcement.
Matt

was just reading that the other day.. scary stuff.

Yeah, I've seen the stuff on Ebay. Usually says where it's from on the listing. And you can tell by the price. Can't believe our government allows them to ship bogus stuff over here....for FREE!! Thus, ruining the reputation of well established suppliers and steal jobs right out from under us. Crooks

here is the article..

scan0012.jpg

scan0013-1.jpg

scan0014-1.jpg

scan0015-1.jpg

scan0016-1.jpg

scan0017.jpg

scan0018.jpg

-
Back