Beware: Plum Floored Creations....

-
Ok retroboats, here it is: I believe at least $50 grand went directly into Ben's pocket. I paid him a total of $65 grand and what I got in return was the following -

- the 2006 Chrysler 300 (wrecked) chassis
- the 1969 Dodge Charger body
- set of used Baer front disc brakes
- 2006 5.7L Dodge motor (no documentation)
- Air Ride that was non-functional when rec'd and thrown out
- orange paint job (cheap) that was sanded over and repainted black
- body work (total bondo job), all redone
- wiring harness (incomplete), trashed not used
- supercharger (don't know yet if functional)
- welding of 300 chassis and Charger body (had to be completely redone)*

* the verdict on his work mating the two cars was that it was so poorly done it would most likely have come apart at speed resulting in death to any passengers (my children for example).

I never received any paperwork or documentation on anything beyond the title for the '69 Charger. I never received a receipt for anything from Ben Grasso. He claimed he was going to send Delaney Auto additional parts over the past year but then just stopped answering the phone.

Towards the end of the first year while his scam was still going he was asking me to pick out steering wheels and mp3 players & wheels/tires and such as though he was finalizing the car. Never saw any of that.

So, I think I'm being generous and giving him credit for $15 grand actually being spent toward the car, though much of that was unusable due to sloppy execution.

My knowledge of building resto-mods is limited to a '68 442 clone that I had built for $17 grand ten years ago, which was fairly nice and definitely complete.

I was trying to schedule work and dealing with vendors towards the end. He just wanted me and my project gone because after SEMA 2010 when I realized I was dealing with Gomer Pyle, I stopped sending him money. The last few things I paid for went directly to vendors, but it was a waste anyway.

Just to clarify, SlamCharger is a car, not a person in the forums. The car I could have had if I'd gotten some references on Ben. I have emails from Ben where he boldly takes credit for Steve's work. SlamCharger, Mutant Bee and Dark Runner (you can google all of them) are all built by Steve Enochs of Muscle Rod Shop. SlamCharger sold last year on eBay for $86,000. I have not been authorized to speak for Steve or anyone else, simply relaying my experience.

Also will note again that Delaney Auto has restored my faith in humanity. The guy calls every couple of weeks, I don't even say much, he details everything he's done explicitly and then follows up with pictures. When he bills me, it is to the penny and documented. He actually asked me what I wanted from this build and then started doing exactly that. You can tell he loves what he's doing and that's why he has built cars for Fast and Furious and many satisfied clients. Matt Delaney has put me back in a really good mood.

thanks for asking, retroboats, I remember you from when you did the install of the Air-Ride and you really tried to help me out beyond that. Your work was very good, unfortunately the Air-Ride was rendered non-functional due to negligence after Ben took the car from you, (right after he backed into it and then laughed about it).

I did not relish the idea of getting back into this negativity. But I see Ben still up to his old tricks. I don't believe one word of his response to Shappy120 either. That's what he's done to everyone who called him out for being a sociopath, tried to turn it around on them.

It kinda looks like Plum Floored is in over his head , maybe has no clue on how to give people what he claims he can deliver . Most likely does not have the knowledge or resources and figures he can BS his way through it all ..... its sad in so many levels

bartbarton

sent you a pm....any new news and do you have that contact info for the guy that finished your car

Ok retroboats, here it is: I believe at least $50 grand went directly into Ben's pocket. I paid him a total of $65 grand and what I got in return was the following -

- the 2006 Chrysler 300 (wrecked) chassis
- the 1969 Dodge Charger body
- set of used Baer front disc brakes
- 2006 5.7L Dodge motor (no documentation)
- Air Ride that was non-functional when rec'd and thrown out
- orange paint job (cheap) that was sanded over and repainted black
- body work (total bondo job), all redone
- wiring harness (incomplete), trashed not used
- supercharger (don't know yet if functional)
- welding of 300 chassis and Charger body (had to be completely redone)*

* the verdict on his work mating the two cars was that it was so poorly done it would most likely have come apart at speed resulting in death to any passengers (my children for example).

I never received any paperwork or documentation on anything beyond the title for the '69 Charger. I never received a receipt for anything from Ben Grasso. He claimed he was going to send Delaney Auto additional parts over the past year but then just stopped answering the phone.

Towards the end of the first year while his scam was still going he was asking me to pick out steering wheels and mp3 players & wheels/tires and such as though he was finalizing the car. Never saw any of that.

So, I think I'm being generous and giving him credit for $15 grand actually being spent toward the car, though much of that was unusable due to sloppy execution.

My knowledge of building resto-mods is limited to a '68 442 clone that I had built for $17 grand ten years ago, which was fairly nice and definitely complete.

I was trying to schedule work and dealing with vendors towards the end. He just wanted me and my project gone because after SEMA 2010 when I realized I was dealing with Gomer Pyle, I stopped sending him money. The last few things I paid for went directly to vendors, but it was a waste anyway.

Just to clarify, SlamCharger is a car, not a person in the forums. The car I could have had if I'd gotten some references on Ben. I have emails from Ben where he boldly takes credit for Steve's work. SlamCharger, Mutant Bee and Dark Runner (you can google all of them) are all built by Steve Enochs of Muscle Rod Shop. SlamCharger sold last year on eBay for $86,000. I have not been authorized to speak for Steve or anyone else, simply relaying my experience.

Also will note again that Delaney Auto has restored my faith in humanity. The guy calls every couple of weeks, I don't even say much, he details everything he's done explicitly and then follows up with pictures. When he bills me, it is to the penny and documented. He actually asked me what I wanted from this build and then started doing exactly that. You can tell he loves what he's doing and that's why he has built cars for Fast and Furious and many satisfied clients. Matt Delaney has put me back in a really good mood.

thanks for asking, retroboats, I remember you from when you did the install of the Air-Ride and you really tried to help me out beyond that. Your work was very good, unfortunately the Air-Ride was rendered non-functional due to negligence after Ben took the car from you, (right after he backed into it and then laughed about it).

I did not relish the idea of getting back into this negativity. But I see Ben still up to his old tricks. I don't believe one word of his response to Shappy120 either. That's what he's done to everyone who called him out for being a sociopath, tried to turn it around on them.

Ben finally sent the computer after 2 years, it was nice to get that and we used it. Also, the engine has turned out to run really well so we are further stoked about that. Gotta throw the good in with the bad. Still never want to talk to the guy again but was pleasantly surprised here.

Car will be done soon and I'll post it here. I did answer your PM and sent your contact info to my builder.

Ben finally sent the computer after 2 years, it was nice to get that and we used it. Also, the engine has turned out to run really well so we are further stoked about that. Gotta throw the good in with the bad. Still never want to talk to the guy again but was pleasantly surprised here.

Car will be done soon and I'll post it here. I did answer your PM and sent your contact info to my builder.

thanks man cant wait to see it....

you thinking spring fling or fall fling 2015...

Spring Fling, that's like coming screaming up. Under 6 weeks. And it'll be here so quick, it'll be like the clock is hemi powered. Where does the time go...

Karl M.

I am having it finished by AVR in Texas. Bryan Pane 512-695-5988. I am also having them do my 73 Challenger ralley. Go to AVRCLASSICS.com

Should have listened to some on here and not go to Floored Plum Creations but i did and paid for it. Ben i trusted and talked a good game and is very friendly but QUALITY sucks, and once he got my money, he was done even with all the issues i had with my car.

Ben gave me a block with a history of pistons being blown up in it, and then it was bored out, well the shop did not do a good job on line honing or i don't even think honing was done to it. By the way i did not know the history on this block until it was sold to me and the machine told me all the issues with it but all Ben told me was its a good block with 2k miles on it. Well thats ok if its used but to find out issues with uneven cylinders really got to me.

Anyways Ben sold me this block, then he ordered me new Pistons, rings, crank, pretty much fully forge engine internals.

Well guess what ? The pistons are not the right size since they were 30,000 down the hole, and not all the way to the top of the cylinder, and he said that was fine. Ok then Ben tells me the compression ratio is right at close to 10 to 1 and who cares if its not at the top of the cylinder, well then i thought ok fine whatever. I asked machine shop and then they told me it was actually around 9.4 to 1 and not 10 to 1. Machine shop also told me that Ben got me the wrong set of pistons and rings for my build that really pissed me off because they told me this after my car was done.

Then i start driving it around, and all of sudden i am burning oil real quick, 6,000 miles in it, and i was using around 8 quartz of oil and Ben tells me thats normal and let the engine break in. Well i thought break in oil is around 1000 miles and not 6000 miles. Ben also mentioned that i live in ARizona and in the summer im gonna burn much more but used up 8 quartz of oil in 6,000 miles ? Asked around and almost every shop that isn't normal and something is wrong with the pistons ring not seated.

He didn't want to deal with the issues i was having at all and he keeps telling me Kellys machine shop which is his vendor made the mistakes but i keep telling him that I'm your customer Ben and not kellys. He blames machine shop but they just install the rings and pistons, ben ordered all these internals and didnt want to admit that the pistons were incorrect.

I took it to a great shop, and Then i find out my top rings were the wrong size, and i had uneven cylinders They said the cylinders were not even line honed or even honed at all after they bored it out. Also the top rings were supposed to be 1.5mm but they were 1.2mm. Well this shop charged me 7k but they had to order new parts that fit my engine and all the labor, disassemble, assemble, machine work, install, etc.. It is now fixed though.

Ben keeps blaming Kellys Machine shop here in Phoenix Arizona but i keep telling him that I'm his customer and Kellys machine shop is his vendor so he needs to take it up with him not me.

I am so mad right now cause i liked Ben, like i said he's friendly and will work with u on price but horrible service.

-
Back