BF Goodrich t/a ?

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I was talking to my tire guy today and he told me that BF Goodrich was planning on dropping it's TA line, anyone else here of this?
He heard that Coker might take over the line.
AL

Wouldn't surprise me. The demand for BFGs is getting smaller every year. A smaller speciality tire company taking over the line sounds realistic but I bet the price will go up.

That is what he was saying, the classic car and muscle car guy's buy a set every 10 years LOL. I was getting some 255s and he was telling me that size is getting harder to find as well because the demand is low.
AL

Glad I just bought a set for the back of the Duster. 255/60-15s.
Still on the same front tires from when I bought it.
I just don't under stand why the rears wear so fast?

1 duster  burn out.jpg

My tire guy told me BF Goodrich stopped production on these back in November. You can still find them but check out the date before you buy. Was able to get 4 of them with a Nov 09 date. You don't want to buy tires that already a year or two old!

All the more reason to switch to the Cooper Cobras ....:cheers: We are still making plenty of them... Trust me I personally sort and label 100's of them every day right here in the good ole USA !!!!!

Not a fan of Coppers!
Anybody have a good BFG replacement with the like specs?

That figures, I just bought some. Hope they last me a while. BFG was the only maker/brand that still comes in 245/60R14.

Too bad, I love the look of BFG Radial T/A's. Have a set on my 72 coronet and wanted them on the duster in the future, but rims and tires are a long way off (no money!) so I guess when the time comes I will have to find something else.

I just got the rear under the car. So I guess I better find me a set of 225/60-15 FAST!!!!!!

My bfg only lasted 8k on the rear so this time i went with nitto drag radials, might as well hookup this time around

Well, I said I was going to get them and I did. I went and bought them online. Got 2ea 225/60-15 delivered to my door for $193. Should be here on Tuesday.

The BFG web site still lists all the 14, 15 and 16" sizes of the Radial T/A. I wonder if they just outsourced the manufacture of the tires to Coker?

When I worked for Motorola we used to do that all the time with the older product lines that did not have the volume to justify tieing up a high volume production line.

Bought 2 today that had the date code of last week in February of 2010.

I know a month ago when I looked 255x60x15s are on national back order, checked everywhere and same story, 235s, 245s, 275s, no 255s.

I also heard similar rumors too. But maybe someone else will pickem up?

I spent the last week getting a pair or 245 x 60 x r14's delivered to my local discount tire.
They found a couple in one of their relatively close warehouses, but said they couldn't easily get more because BF Goodrich had stopped making that size officially

Called BF Goodrich this morning and was told that the 235 and 245 60x14 were "relaunched" in June.

But- then got an email response that said, "The requested tire is on national back order. We do not have a production date listed within the next 4 weeks. Please check back in October to see if they are back in production. I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience."
?????what the?????

the only people that really use them are classic car guys, and they arent replaced very often. it wouldnt surprise me if they **** canned them. i replaced mine on my dart with dunlop qualifiers. havent driven it yet though.

-
Back