Big Block Electric Water Pump ?

-
im not sure if you plan on using this car for street or just track use. but if you ask be cool or anyone else, they tell you that electric water pump is only for the track...

I'm using a CSR on my big block, with the right restrictor plate it runs 185 to 190 degrees all day. The great thing about it, when I shut the engine off and the cooling fans are still on because their on a temp senor, I can keep the wate circulating and I know every thing has cooled down and the water in the block is not just sitting there, while the radiator has cooled down.
Works for me.

engine 4-08 008.jpg

im sure it works....nice looking car by the way. im just telling you what the company says and in my book, electrical fails alot more than mechanical. especially aftermarket.

well, i just bought a quality mancini racing power steering pump bracket that was garbage. 75 bucks and you have to bend it and chip the paint to fix. how wack?

I bought upper tubular a-arms from them.... GARBAGE !! but returned and credited with no problem........
I mean you could buy a say.. jegs pump for 150 or mez , csr or others for 400-500 you know your getting a much better part...or hope anyway's lol

im still ticked about that power steering bracket...anyway, i see what you're saying, and i have been thinking about an elctric pump too. i just dont like the idea of that electric pump failing.....just my opinion

I just bought a Meziere heavy duty 40 gpm for my 440. My plan is to run it on the street but my car isn't a daily driver. I'm thinking about running a MSD 160 amp alternator and a Optima battery for the extra power drain.

thats the set up I was thinking,I all ready have the alt. and big battery and my car is also FAR from a daily driver:toothy10:

how much did that pump cost you? did you need to buy any thing else,like hose adapters ?
what do you have for a radiator and fan ?

Thanks,Tim

The pump was $416.99 at Summit I bought a 1'' NPT to 1 3/4'' hose adapter. I'm running a Griffin aluminum radiator with electric fan. I probably won't put everything on until winter because I will need to make some mounting brackets for the alternator.

-
Back