big block headers

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
anyone know if 2,-2 18, or 2 1/4" headers from a b or e body will fit a 68 barracuda w/ a magnum force front end under it? or what kind of under chassis header will fit and not capture the starter? don`t want fenderwells at all, for a 505" pumpgas street car.
thanks, bob

We gotta set of big block 2" primary truck headers in a Gremlin with a 400 in it. It's gotta straight axle under it gasser style. They fell in with no dents or nothin. Don't know if somethin like that would work for you or not. I'm not familiar with the magnum force stuff.

check out bigblockdart's tech section. it seems like once the front suspension is gone just about any in-chassis header would fit. there is still is just so much room in the engine bay and the bigger the diameter pipes might still need the 7 and 8 out the fender.

2 3/8"-2 1/2"-2 5/8" with 5" collector

Attachments

• older Pictures 320.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 464
  • older Pictures 322.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 442
  • older Pictures 346.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 481
  • older Pictures 339.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 452
  • older Pictures 319.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 454
  • older Pictures 318.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 455
  • older Pictures 338.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 434
  • older Pictures 342.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 404
2 3/8"-2 1/2"-2 5/8" with 5" collector

thanks for the input! man, there`s some thot and effort going into the car in the pics! good looking job!
i would really like to run a front tire as tall as poss. (there for no tubes in the fenderwells)----------------------------------thanks, bob

went back and looked @ the pics again, what brand of oil pan is that?
bob

I have the Magnum Force coilovers, (no T-bars), with 2' primary TTI's. It's snuggly around the mini starter, but this is a low deck. The last one I did had a RB engine, and fit much better with the full size factory starter. The 2" primary model has a 3-1/2" collector.

have you got any time slips yet? tell us about the combination, looks fast!
thanks, bob

that mooneyham 14-71 supercharger belonged to a friend along with the injector and mag III. with that combo it went a 9.46 if i recall correctly. with this motor it's only been to a 1.24 60'. the one in the pic obove decided it didn't want all the rods inside so it tossed a few out. that was back about, gosh, 5 years ago already, damn time's buzzing by. i went thru the motor this winter and discovered a few problems and fixed them. every time in warms up here and i get ready to go test it the temp drops like a stone. when it gets below 50* it doesn't want to start. i'm jonesin to go for a ride.

the motor now is is a kb stge 10 with the same 440-1 heads. donovan gear drive. .700" roller cam. 10.4-1 compression. aluminum rods and flat top pistons. a littlefield 14-71 retro. square door buzzard injector. the system was set up by spud miller at fuel injection interprizes. the torque convertor is a jw with the mechanical diode. 727 with a bunch of good parts. dana 60 with 4.10's. ladder bars and coil-overs on the 4 corners. 31x10.5w's. rack steering and wilwool disc up front and drums on the back. here's a pic of this motor. opps, wrong button.

you would have to see this motor to really get a idea of all the work bob has done...hey bob will call you tonight buddy..mike

-
Back