Big Block Swinger from Oklahoma

-
This made me nauseous just seeing this thread.

whatever floats your boat I guess. Im surprised that it actually fits

I like that shade of green, is that what you're going to do the whole car in? btw I missed it, what's the discplacement of this rat? And what tranny are you running?

Sideways isn't telling you he is building a 440 A body now, mine! That's him putting it in.

Attachments

• IMG_20130516_190647_134.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20130516_203403_553.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 341
I have been working on getting this ready for the power tour ( 2013 ). I have the engine and tranmission mounted, frame connectors in and a narrowed 9". it should be back up and running in 2 weeks. I cna't wait to take it back out. the old slant 6 just was not cutting it.
dartatloves.jpg

101_3106_zps8db795ec.jpg

Cool car Man!

Glad to hear that you are building this car to be able to spend time with your family. Way to keep it in the proper perspective. That is really what it is all about in the end. Great way to use the parts available on-hand.:thumbup:

Well I got news, I've had a bucket load of big chebbie motors in stuff and if yall don't think they can run, you gotta nuther thing comin. I aint crazy about crossbreedin, but I think it's kinda cool.

I hate cross breading but like the creativity and u used what was on hand. so when u want to win at the stop lights or track mopar is the only way to go
remember when u drive a Chevy like there sane is like a rock it is because it sits there like rock and doesn't move lol lol but nice car though sorry but had to give u crap enjoy and have lots of fun with ur fam!!!! that's what counts

Ok so I haven't updated this in a while. I was busy with customer cars and bracket racing, also was stumped with the steering. I finally gave up and pulled my 454 out. I know you all hate to see that. I bought a 400 Chrysler and 727 it is unbolted and will be pulled out tonight. It is out of a Cordoba I will be using the A/C which will make the wife very happy. I will save the BBC for another project maybe a front engine dragster. Anyway this should get the car up and going and I am starting to really dig the mopar stuff. I will put up pictures tomorrow.

welcome to the light lol are u going to stroke it? cant wait to see it up and running best wishs ill be following this post:cheers::burnout::finga:

welcome to the light lol are u going to stroke it? cant wait to see it up and running best wishs ill be following this post:cheers::burnout::finga:

Can't wait to drop the LS in my car some day....:finga:

OK now that I have seen the light. Here is the donor car. I have a freind that runs a salvage so I get really good deals, the deal was I could pick the car up remove what ever I needed and return it for 200 bucks. I started the engine and made sure it didn't knock and put it in gear and made sure it would move. I pulled the engine and tranny, steering box and all drag link and adjuster sleeves, drive shaft and a few misc. parts I have a question on the transmission crosmember as far as which one I will need to do this swap. my old one was on the left ( 904 ) the Cordoba one is on the right ( 727 ) whick one will I use. The clock showed 54k mikes and the last time it was tagged was 1985.

Well I could cry foul but I pissed of lots of Pontiac guys with my BBC powered Ponchos. Only difference was they actually bolted in with no custom parts at all. As far as BBCs breaking above 4500, that's just nonsence.

u got 1 sweet deal I have not got a good deal like that in about 6-7 yrs awesome keep it up:burnout:

I think that's sweet! i was scrolling through the thread when i went hey that looks like a BBC! thought it couldnt be, but it is! SWEET!

I have the 400 fit in the Swinger, and the steering box mount welded back on. Now I am going to fit the engine mounts and hopefully have it running with mopar power in a week or so.

Who said BBC's break after 4500rpm?? LOL That's crap. My buddy's 496 Revs passed 7000rpm all the time, runs awesome too. I'm not a huge fan of the whole cross swap deal, but there is nothing wrong with the BBC. Hell, Big block Chevy factory heads, have it all over BBM factory heads...Hemi heads not included. Feel free to hate on that statement all you want, but it's just the truth. With a little bowl work, and mild reshaping, we got his OVAL port heads to flow well over 300cfm @ .600 lift.

I have a feeling that if this Cordoba has not be tagged since 1985 you may run into a lot of leaks from dry and brittle gaskets.

After replacing all the seals, cleaning everything up and welding motor mounts and steering box mount back to the k member we now have a big block with the distributor on the correct end. Wow it is amazing how much better everything fits with the correct motor in the car.

ok it was a long road but the poor little Swinger is up and going. it is a blast to drive. I have drove it to work a few times and all over our small town just to work out the bugs. The next town over is having a monthly car cruise and we was was so exited to go. usually we take the Mazda to the races the wife and kids have to just sit and watch while I play and work on everyone elses cars. That is no fun for them, the cruise was so much fun, my little girl got play with a freind and we took them riding every time I would get in the gas they would yell " wee - again again ".

Awesome , looks great. Much better with Mopower. Now go shread some rubber!!!

-
Back