Big Block ?

-
I second the pic!!

Hay you are right up the road from me. Well an hour and a half or so.

Me and my dad dropped a 440 into our 66 dart race car. It takes a little work but it can be done. I will try to get some pics of it and post them.

If I understand it correctly, the 383 and 440 are the same block so I could expect to run into the same problems you're facing if I wanted to put a 383 in my '65 Barracuda, correct?

They look the same, but the 440(RB block) has a taller deck height of the 383 (B Block). From what I understand the B motors would be easier to put in the early A's.

The B motor would actually be harder to install. The heads are going to sit down lower which is going to make it closer to the shock towers and inner fenders. I just dropped my new 440 into our 66 dart last night. It is a tight fit and takes a little work to make it go but I love seeing peoples eyes when you open the hood and the see you shoved a 440 in a early A.

The B motor would actually be harder to install. The heads are going to sit down lower which is going to make it closer to the shock towers and inner fenders. I just dropped my new 440 into our 66 dart last night. It is a tight fit and takes a little work to make it go but I love seeing peoples eyes when you open the hood and the see you shoved a 440 in a early A.

Meh, if anything was ever easy, I don't think I'd know what to do with myself. :D

-
Back