Big Moose

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
My dad just sent me this. Who wants to go hunting? Is it real or photoshop?

Wylde1.

By the length of his beard and the grey legs, I figure he must be over 10 years old.

He looks to be well over 8 feet at the top of the shoulder hump,

and with his head up the height to the top of his antler must be about 12 feet.

This guy is king of the forest, no bear or pack of wolves would darecome after him when he has this rack......

Considering that a dirt road can fit 1 1/2 cars across ... this fellow is HUGE ...THIS IS ONE BIG BOY!

THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN NEAR ELLIOT LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA

Yes it is a regular size dirt road.

image0011.jpg

image0022.jpg

Cool pics makes me miss ole Ontario haven't seen a bull like that since the eighties :cheers:
He didn't want to share the highway with me outside of tunderbay ,I agreed he was right and backed up a 1/2 mile real fast lol

I was driving down a conservation road out by Grass Lake,when I crested a hill and there stood a cow moose with her calf.It wasn,t quite as big as this bull,but was still big and close enough to make me touch cloth!LOL

Looks photoshopped to me... if you look at the first pic, along the rear of the moose and the back of the leg... it looks like it was cut from another pic. He's in a shadow so that bright line shouldn't be there... plus the second pic just doesnt look right to me. I could be wrong but I say fake.

Whats up with the one front leg in the first pic too?

I bet all the folks up there have big freezers :toothy10:
I saved them and will look at any shadow work or anything Wylde18)
I have got to say the big moose would make me stop in my tracks and hope he is in a good mood :-D Thank you for sharing

Once you,ve seen a real moose infront of you,you,ll be amazed at how huge these animals are!You don,t want to piss one off,they,ve been known to stomp bears.

P.S Maybe do a search on google or Youtube,some incredible footage!

Looks photoshopped to me... if you look at the first pic, along the rear of the moose and the back of the leg... it looks like it was cut from another pic. He's in a shadow so that bright line shouldn't be there... plus the second pic just doesnt look right to me. I could be wrong but I say fake.

Whats up with the one front leg in the first pic too?

I agree,just doesn't look quite right.8) Bullwinkle could take em.

Bullwinkle could take em. lmao :toothy10: =D>
Thank you for that blast of cold beer on my key board :drinkers:

MMM =P~

I don't know about you all , but that looks like enough moose chili to last a few winter's... pass the oyster crackers!!

The sun is shining from the left side of the photo therefore if the photo was legit it would be shining on his left side and should be casting a shadow. Yea he is an old bugger and I've seen some big assed, 6-7 ft at the hump, loose lips (moose) when I lived in northern alberta but never one that big.

When I was a kid my aunt and uncle owned a cattle ranch in western Wyoming. I remember seeing two moose up there.
The first was during the winter and we were driving down a plowed road with piles of snow at least 6-feet tall on either side from the snowplow. We came around a corner and a big ol' moose was just trotting up the road like it was his own. We started honking the car horn from about a quarter-mile away. Finally when we got to about 50 away, he turned and looked back over his shoulder at us and then just hopped over the snowpile on the side of the road and was gone. Cleared that 6-foot pile of snow like it wasn't even there.
The other time was during a visit during the fall. I went out to take the kitchen trash to the trashpile, looked up and there was another big bull moose just on the other side of the fence. I ran back to the house and my uncle was upset because he hadn't bought a moose tag that year.
If you haven't seen moose in real life, you'd be amazed at just how big they are. I've heard stories of them charging, and totalling, cars when they're upset.

it may be photo chopped but the bright line would be there because fur isn't a solid , the line comes from the sun shining through the fuzz and that makes it look to me that the sun is shining from the left , the needles and leaves create the same halo effect , I've seen it a lot in pics before , that said it appears to be a little too big for the scale of the pic but hey they do grow big like that in the north woods something to do with having no natural predators

Several years back there was a taxidermy show in the local mall.I think it was put on by the bc wildlife society. Anyway,there was a stuffed Moose on display that had to be 8 ft high at the shoulders.This thing was massive.I got to talk to the guy running the display who was also the taxidermist. Turns out the Moose was poached,got confiscated by the local parks rangers and donated to the wildlife society.

Yes,they do get that big. I have seen it,both dead and alive. We have a large Moose population here that they are trying to curb. It was open season on spikebulls this year. Newfoudland laso has a problem with a large Moose population.They use the ones that are killed by traffic (as long as thier edible) in a local feed the poor program.

Bull Moose are scary. I know several hunters who had to avoid being trampled by an angry Bull Moose.

This pic has been around for a little more than a year. When I first saw it, it was credited to being near McAdam, New Brunswick. That is not a road it is on, it is an abandoned railway line. (tracks have been removed). I believe the pic is real for one reason only. A moose will place it's back hoof in the same place as it had it's front hoof. If you look at the two pics, in the 1st pic the front hoof is just behind the old timber and you can see a certian amount of the hoof. In the 2nd pic the rear hoof is in the same place and you can see about the same amount of hoof. The sun is shining from the left as can be determined from the antlers. The sun shining through the trees will give that effect on the rear of the moose as it hits the ends of the hair. Yes they do get that big around here. My brother shot one in 2001 that we got 752 lbs of meat out of and it was not the biggest in the area. 752 lbs of meat translates to over 1400 lbs live weight.

Jack

My brother shot one in 2001 that we got 752 lbs of meat out of and it was not the biggest in the area. 752 lbs of meat translates to over 1400 lbs live weight.

Jack

That's an awful lot of meat. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.... Moose Steaks =P~
Where do you keep that much meat.? Got a dozen or so freezers?

Wylde1.

That's an awful lot of meat. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.... Moose Steaks =P~
Where do you keep that much meat.? Got a dozen or so freezers?

Wylde1.

We had 4 tags that year and filled them in 2 days. My wife, father, myself and a friend had the tags. Up here we are allowed 2 guns on each license. We ended up with a total of 1990 lbs of meat. There were 10 of us in on the hunt and everybody got and equal share. So, my wife and I ended up with 400 lbs of meat. We had to buy a second freezer. Needless to say, I was very particular about the deer I wanted to shoot that year, and Mister Big did not show up. Here's a pic of the antlers off of the big one my brother shot on my license.
That's me standing at the back of the truck.
Jack

moosearden700.jpg

MooseJack.jpg

-
Back