Big small block stroker cranks

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
So I have seen some threads talking about 4.1" and larger stroke small block cranks.
I am assuming that these are standard 4" stroker cranks with offset grind rod journals and chevy rods. Is that correct?

Anybody know what the reasonable stroke limits are for a factory block? I know depending on rod choice you sometimes need to clearance for the 4" stroke near the oil pan rail. Seems like there would be a limit in this area for addition stroke. Anybody know what those limits are and with what rods? Also are there any other areas that would limit stroke before the pan rail area?

-Made from 4340 Forgings
-Core Hardened
-Nitrided
-Magnetic Partical Inspected
-Feature Straight Oiling
-Standard 6-Bolt Mopar Flange
-.125" radius fillets throughout

Available in the following Stroke/Journal Combinations:

340 main/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
360 mains/2.125"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke (Currently SOLD OUT)
360 mains/2.100"rods-4.00" stroke
340 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke
360 mains/2.00"rods-4.125" stroke

$629.00 +shipping Michigan residents add sales tax.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Never seen those cranks larger than 4" for sale before thanks. I also remembered this morning the clearance issues are with the bottom of the cylinder and not the pan rail. That makes it a little more scary for grinding into water jackets with a larger than 4" crank.

Yes, bottom of the bores. generally there's a ton of material there to cut. If you have the block sonic tested, have them do those areas too.

Talked to Ron when I was selling my Dart over a year ago. I had no ideal his Valiant was up and running. Guess I haven't been paying attention. My wife told me to get the car ready for Mopars at the strip instead of waiting till the week before. So now I have a couple motors laying around in pieces and trying to put a plan together.

dont you need the race block for a stroke more than 4 inch? i always thought the deck heights were different and that is why? or am i totally off here? LOL i always thought 4 inch stroke was the max

you can go larger then a 4 inch stroke with stock block....as far as deck height...you will need to adjust either your rod length or compression height on the piston...

since small block mopars have tall deck height...it is easier to pick your crank and rod...then adjust the compression height on the piston to match your deck height.

you can go larger then a 4 inch stroke with stock block....as far as deck height...you will need to adjust either your rod length or compression height on the piston...

since small block mopars have tall deck height...it is easier to pick your crank and rod...then adjust the compression height on the piston to match your deck height.

so what are some guys pushing stock blocks to cubic inch wise? biggest ive heard beforewas 416 for a 340 and 326 for a 360...probably wrong, but im not sure...obviously the block would need the proper mods/ machine checking before going that far

well..the question soon becomes..how much money are you going to invest in a stock block....bigger cubic inches more hp and torque...

alot of people say 550 hp is the limit on a stock block....

so at some point it is better to invest in the R block

well..the question soon becomes..how much money are you going to invest in a stock block....bigger cubic inches more hp and torque...

alot of people say 550 hp is the limit on a stock block....

so at some point it is better to invest in the R block

i couldnt agree with you more...just wondering how far some have taken them

I see Indy has a 4.250 stoke kit for a stock 340 block. They are using a longer rod with that kit probably for rod ratio I guess. Comes out to about 440 cubic inch

I have a .060 over 1973 360 I am building for my 97 pro street Dakota. I have a 4340 steel crank offset ground to a 2.00 journal. 4.100 stroke. Minimal clearancing and tons of cam clearance!!!

There are alot of guys running the hughes 426 stroker kit over at some of the dakota forums...they are using stock blocks, no problems in fitment..devilbrad is one of the sites i think...ive read its not a good idea to use nitrous, becouse of the short ring pack..i wanted to run one of those kits, but decided to use what works, the 408. :) next time around, i will build one..

-
Back