Bill Golden Has passed.RIP.

-
I've been helping another FABO member fix their car all day, just got back....

Man, what a bummer. He was such a nice guy.... #-o

I remember when my oldest son was about 5 and we met Bill Maverick at the Nats. He was super cool, easy to talk to, and posed for pictures with my son.... :glasses7:

We bought some memorabilia from him. :D

He was a great guy!!! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

RIP...

he use to do a Question and answer time on here a long time ago!He liked our site

The title of your thread should be changed to "Bill Golden passes."

he use to do a Question and answer time on here a long time ago!He liked our site

Very sorry to hear this...Bill was a great guy, met him before and also talked with him in the chat room here many times when he was active here...had some great stories! RIP Bill :(

Met him at the local track. Great guy. I am still looking for the photos. This is one from Facebook.

Chuck Winters
10 hrs ·

Sad news today, my uncle, drag racing legend, Bill Maverick Golden made his final run in life today. He had a great run. Many trophies, championships, titles, and of course, inventing and immordalizing the Little Red Wagon original wheelstander into drag racing history.
And he wasn't a bad fisherman, 2 Louisiana state records, king mackerel.
I'm gonna miss ya Bill. We had a lot of laughs, and breathed a lot of nitro together..
RIP my friend... hit the chutes and take that final turn.

Attachments

• 12033020_10207317794441216_1050323682966888424_n.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 321
Well this sucks! Another legend is gone.
He was a class act.

R.I.P. Bill. :burnout:

Sure sorry to hear this. We met him several yrs ago at Gateway. Very friendly fellow that didn't mind taking time to answer questions about his little Red Wagon. If you never saw him run it down the 1/4 mile you sure missed something exciting.

RIP my friend :pale:, I called him to join this great site and jump in on the fun, fished with him and enjoyed watching him race in the day He enjoyed fishing and held two Louisiana state records, Bill Maveric Golden sure put allot of great times in many peoples life, I last talked to him in Indiana at the Monster Mopar meet..... RIP my friend

Another legend gone.
Rest in peace, Bill.
You touched a lot of us, and will be greatly missed.

-
Back