Bilstein Shocks

-

Paladin06

Reaction score
Well, I dumped the Monroes and put Bilstein shocks on all four corners. Man the ride difference is unbelieveable. No float, no roll, no lean, no wheel hop. I LOVE IT!!!

Good for you! Another high quality gas-shock, Bilstein convert! I was lucky and made that same 'discovery' in 1974 on my '70 Ranchero! I wish more folks would try them. (And no, I don't sell them....)

Do you happen to have the numbers? No listing on Bilstein site or several others also for a 70 duster?

I found the Koni's gave a better ride as well as all the other good stuff you get from the Bilstein's.

Either brand and you will get a top notch product.

Well, I dumped the Monroes and put Bilstein shocks on all four corners. Man the ride difference is unbelieveable. No float, no roll, no lean, no wheel hop. I LOVE IT!!!

Just curious, were your Monroe's fairly tired, worn? Or are you comparing your new Bilsteins to new Monroe's? Just asking, I know Bilsteins are good shocks.

I have a set coming from PST along with some 1.03" bars. They are going into my 66. It's replacing .875 and new monroes. I can't wait to get them in. I've had really good luck with bilsteins in the past.

Bilsteins simply rock. Sold parts for years. Seen Holstein,KYB, & Monroe shocks cut apart,no comparison. The valving,and the finish quality of the shock tube inside a Bilstein awesome. Ran them I my 80's Fox body Mustangs,top notch.

I can find no info on these shocks on any
Bilstein site or any search.
Is this a PST exclusive?
Is it possible these are a built and rebranded by
someone else for them?

I can find no info on these shocks on any
Bilstein site or any search.
Is this a PST exclusive?
Is it possible these are a built and rebranded by
someone else for them?

I have thought the same thing...it seems suspicious that PST has a Bilstein shock, yet Bilstein knows nothing about it.

From what I'm reading, I believe FOX will be what goes under my car next.

I have thought the same thing...it seems suspicious that PST has a Bilstein shock, yet Bilstein knows nothing about it.

From what I'm reading, I believe FOX will be what goes under my car next.

There is nothing suspicious about it. If you have our catalog or have been on our website you will see our Bilstiens come from RCD. They purchase Bilsteins as blanks. They fix the proper ends to them for the applications that we request.

We also carry a higher end shock which is built by Vi-king which I feel far out exceeds the fox. It to is a smooth bodied aluminum shock but is double adjustable with a stainless steel rod.

Thanks
James

There is nothing suspicious about it. If you have our catalog or have been on our website you will see our Bilstiens come from RCD. They purchase Bilsteins as blanks. They fix the proper ends to them for the applications that we request.

We also carry a higher end shock which is built by Vi-king which I feel far out exceeds the fox. It to is a smooth bodied aluminum shock but is double adjustable with a stainless steel rod.

Thanks
James

Hi James, I was going to send a pm, but figured others may want to know. Do you also sell a shock that is for "lowered" a bodies?

If so, what is the difference? I ask because I stumbled on an old post about some with a different part number: 55 R097

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85589

thank you,

-Chris

Hi James, I was going to send a pm, but figured others may want to know. Do you also sell a shock that is for "lowered" a bodies?

If so, what is the difference? I ask because I stumbled on an old post about some with a different part number: 55 R097

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85589

thank you,

-Chris

Chris,

How much of a drop are you going for ? The standard ones that we offer can handle up to a 2" drop? I can get you lower ones as well.

Thanks
James

Thanks
James

I apologize for the accusation

Thanks. Mine is 67 -- as usual, it is ignored.

If you think a 67 is ignored you should try finding stuff for the 64.

I'm doing budget math in my head trying to figure out what I need to do to get bilsteins and the 1.030" Torsion bars to go with my super stock leaf springs. Might as well do polyspherical bushings and redo every bushing while I'm in there too.

The thing I like about bilsteins is that no matter what brand of car guys you talk to, mention bilsteins and you get the same "in awe" reaction.

If you think a 67 is ignored you should try finding stuff for the 64.

I'm doing budget math in my head trying to figure out what I need to do to get bilsteins and the 1.030" Torsion bars to go with my super stock leaf springs...

Super stock springs are not handling springs. Your car will handle corners much better with HD rear leaf springs. "64" suspension is the same as any "A" body, pick one and go with it. I used to tell parts guys I was working on a 71 340 Duster.

Super stock springs are not handling springs. Your car will handle corners much better with HD rear leaf springs. "64" suspension is the same as any "A" body, pick one and go with it. I used to tell parts guys I was working on a 71 340 Duster.

I am well aware about the super stock springs. At the time that I purchased them I had read they were good to go with. They will be up for sale in the near future. I'm still curious to see how the car will look with them on. I'm not building a pure handling car, or a pure drag car. I want something I can cruise around in and not have the soft suspension feel.

I was trying to help. I myself, am replacing the Super Stock springs on our 67 Barracuda with the Original 67 Formula S 4 speed, 6 leaf rear springs. All around, the 6 leaf rear springs were the best. Drag race, the SS springs are great, but should be used with the longer rear shocks. I put them on the Barracuda to raise the rear but I do not like the handling. We use the 67 Barracuda the way you sound like you want to use your car. Sounds like you are on the right track with heavier torsion bars and good shocks. Do you know what you have now?

-
Back