Biohazard

-
Oh yeah, I used Krylon dual for the metal bits and Krylon fusion for the plastics. Engine accessory stuff is supposed to be satin black. I went gloss because it looks better and is a tad easier to keep clean. Only time and mileage will tell if the dual is a worthy paint for this application.

"Krylon Dual" is a combination paint and primer, advertised as having a really high adhesion and being pretty durable. With no primer, I can blacken my parts with a thinner layer of paint which will be less likely to flake off when you start torquing down the hardware.

Question for the masses: my idler pulley squeaks a bit but otherwise turns freely with just a hint of grittiness in the bearing. What are my options for improving the bearing or replacing the pulley?

Is that the one attached to the bracket? All I have ever done is find a different one when I have one make noise. Sorry.

Never took one apart, always had another laying around. I guess if I had to, I'd take it apart and see if I could press another bearing in there. :cheers:

Thanks, Minnesota!

So this was a lame week but I really can't think of anything else I could have brought out that would have been worth messing with at this point so, basically, looks like I got my painting projects done just in time as our daily forecast highs from here on out are going to be in the mid-60s. Not so awesome for painting but totally awesome-bitchin'-groovy for turning wrenches.

*cue George Peppard: I love it when a plan comes together.

Thanks, Minnesota!

So this was a lame week but I really can't think of anything else I could have brought out that would have been worth messing with at this point so, basically, looks like I got my painting projects done just in time as our daily forecast highs from here on out are going to be in the mid-60s. Not so awesome for painting but totally awesome-bitchin'-groovy for turning wrenches.

*cue George Peppard: I love it when a plan comes together.

Our high Thursday is supposed to be 24................................:protest:

Do Vipers come equipped with heaters? Then I don't wanna hear about it. :p

Its all good, man. The hide is thick. Yeah, I think all my parts are looking nice but I must admit: I do worry that this could end up like a model car kit... looks pretty but won't take you anywhere. I'm thinking, however, that its time to get that headliner installed.

Also....I need plastic headlight trim. The round pieces. So if anyone knows anything.......

So I bought one if those stickers off eBay, "318 High Performance". Harmless jazz up for the air cleaner lid. I wasn't sure it would fit the contours of the stock lid so I read the seller's feedback and searched the internet - nothing. Sent the seller a question - no reply. Ah, it's only $6.50.

Useless.

Posting this for the benefit of folks who might be thinking of wasting the six bucks.

Would it fit on a 340 lid? I'm not sure how different the tops are. I could dig out a 340 and 318 one to check, but it would involve some shed and closet digging.

I was gonna say it might fit a different lid. Is that a 2 barrel lid? 4 barrel lid might have same curve as decal.

I don't remember taking those off my car, that's why I asked. lol 67 have those?
Dammit! Now I gotta go look! :protest:

smartass...............:)

Time to swap out the fuse blocks. Mine is old and crusty and the metal contacts for the fuses have a good amount of corrosion on them.

-
Back