Biohazard

-
Got a little bit o' work done this evening: separated the rear axle from the leaf springs and lowered the leaves away from the axle to afford access to said axle assembly and gave it all another bath in preparation for painting. Hoping to get the paint down tomorrow.

Shock perched looked like crap. Too nasty to go back onto my fresh n' fancy rear end.

Comparing before and after the wirebrushing.

Finished perches.

Also cleaned all the crust off the shock absorber mounting washers.

U-bolts tomorrow.

Got the entire rear axle cleaned and painted and installed the new shocks (which nicely match the R6 red)

Discovered I needed leaf spring bushings. No surprise, really.

Minus the banter regarding paisley mod tops, all caught up from the FABO crash of 2014.

Did you just say "paisley" ?????????? :???:

Was this the thread with the Road Runner, GTX, discussion also that was lost in the great fabo crash of '14? #-o

btw, that fan is, well, ishy.

Oh, and I dare not say what that spring bushing resembles..........................

Did you just say "paisley" ?????????? :???:

It was better the first time around.

As for the fan...looking much better already. I dare say it may soon be released from quarantine.

Additionally, the plastic dash pieces (under the steering column and around the ignition switch) are also getting redone in black as part of the week's agenda.

So what's keeping ya?

Oh yeah, western Wisconsin. Lol

I have a shop at home that the wife and I do restorations, paint, bodywork, etc. So, paying customers come first. Shop isn't big enough for my projects.... So, my stuff ends up outside or in the "dreaded" pole barn. Out of site, no workie on it.

Oh, btw, you suck. You don't have winter. I hate you. lol:blob:

Pic of my side of shop.

Oh, my wife is busy working on the Viper. Good wifie.

Attachments

• WP_20130919_001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 357
  • 0813131107.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 390
Dayum. Nice shop! Hey, take your winter and get off my thread. How am I supposed to follow a shop full of Vipers with a painted radiator fan? SKAT!!

All I have to say is "WOW!" Your Barracuda is a helluva nice find, even if you did have to declare a BIOHAZARD emergency when you got it home. I sat down and was in the middle of a marathon reading session of this entire thread when the server crashed (I didn't do it, Joey!), and I just finally got caught up. You sir, are an inspiration to us DIY'ers. I'm inspired, and I don't even have a MOPAR yet. My deal kinda fell through, so I'm just waiting for the right car to fall into my lap. I am definitely going to refer back to this thread, though, when I finally find my ride. Thank you!

By the way, I'm assuming you were a helo pilot in the Army as well? What did you fly? I'm a bit of a military aircraft buff. I worked on S-3B Viking and F-14D Super Tomcat fire control radar systems when I was in the Navy, also stationed in the Puget Sound area. I have spent much time in the Tacoma area and really loved the PNW in general. I took my wife and son up there this past May and none of us wanted to come back home!

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing more of your car getting put back together. Thanks for bringing us along!

Hey, thanks for all that and, you nailed it - this is just an epic DIY project. Glad it's seen as helpful. I know photos of parts and sub-assemblies are useful when building or rebuilding and I've made certain to include plenty of those.

Per your question: I flew Apaches from 96 up to last February.

I liked the PNW but ABQ better supports the old car hobby.

Thanks (to all) for reading - it's just getting good right about now because parts are going back on faster than they are coming off. Gonna video the maiden engine start when that happens.

Cheers!
-Dan

Thanks, man. Greatly appreciated - really - but I know I had it a lot easier than most.

I think I've worked myself out of work. Behold...

Turned this...

...and this...

...into these...

-
Back